Off the shelf, ready made, either hand holster for Maverick

DeWalt Maverick Holster

7 replies to this topic

#1 TARDIS Tara

TARDIS Tara

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

I was at my local Ace Hardware and saw these beauties.

Posted Image

$17, belt loop AND clip, extra pockets,extra clip and carabiner, two ways to secure the blaster in the holster.

I'm probably going to cut the bottom out so the Maverick sits down further in it. And I cut loose the internal strap loose to use as a handle strap.

I'm guessing this will hold pistols other than the Maverick. I'll be tinkering with it for a few days until I get it exactly the way I want it.

But all in all, for the money, it's a beautiful thing. :)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" -- Hunter S. Thompson

#2 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

looking at the rough dimensions, you could probably use this for the clip system blasters too - Especially the stryfe

#3 Chadpuff

Chadpuff

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

I may have to pick one of these up if the idea I have for a holster for my Hammershot falls through.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ...Han Solo

#4 TARDIS Tara

TARDIS Tara

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

So far, I've put Mavericks, Stryfes, Barrel Breaks and Longstrikes (with the barrel and stock removed) into these holsters, tied them down and run without excessing flapping or losing anything.

I did add a leg strap in addition to cutting out the bottom of the pouch so the blaster barrel could go through and the handgrip sit lower in the holster.

I have one modded set already. I'm finding so many uses for them that I might get a second set.

I'll have a look around and see if any other manufacturers other than DeWalt makes a better solution.

Wouldn't mind a set in leather...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" -- Hunter S. Thompson

#5 Chadpuff

Chadpuff

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

So far, I've put Mavericks, Stryfes, Barrel Breaks and Longstrikes (with the barrel and stock removed) into these holsters, tied them down and run without excessing flapping or losing anything.

I did add a leg strap in addition to cutting out the bottom of the pouch so the blaster barrel could go through and the handgrip sit lower in the holster.

I have one modded set already. I'm finding so many uses for them that I might get a second set.

I'll have a look around and see if any other manufacturers other than DeWalt makes a better solution.

Wouldn't mind a set in leather...

Please good sir, pictures!
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ...Han Solo

#6 The Metal Rooster

The Metal Rooster

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

I too would also like to see pictures of this with other blasters holstered.

I see this is listed on their web site for $19.99 now.

I've been looking at various hardware pouches for this purpose, so thanks for posting this.

Edited by The Metal Rooster, 01 February 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#7 TARDIS Tara

TARDIS Tara

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

I'm afraid I'm not a 'sir', but I will attempt to post pictures tomorrow. :)

#8 SirNomad

SirNomad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

That makes me wonder if I can find an even less expensive option at Harbor Freight. I'm going to definitely have to keep my eye out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users