No Spoilers!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

Well yesterday the 28th I went to the Spider-Man preview screening after getting my hands on some tickets and I have to say, you will not be disappointed.

Raimi really took the Spider-Man character to the next level with this one. Yes he's still the vulnerable superhero that we've all grown up with but at the same time, he's even more human than he was in the first. Toby Maguire (sp?) does an amazing job this time around, even better than the first time. Many of the scenes are stirring, to the point where you can see his eyes watering as he confronts certain aspects of the past, and how he feels about where he's at.

Where he's at in this film, as opposed to the first, is more of a crossroads. He's overwhelmed with being a hero. It's so tolling that he gives in, only of course to realize that being a hero isn't a choice, it's moreso a matter of duty. Seriously, this is a superhero movie for the ages. Like the original comics there's humor, action, and a (not so bad) love story.

There are things you won't see coming. Moments you'll figure out for yourself. And times when Spidey looks soooooo badass swinging around the city.

...Doc Ock... Is simply amazing. The hospital scene is classic Raimi, with a hint of his campy Evil Dead style alive and well. The arms are amazing honestly, the tentacles I was worried about, but this movie reaffirms for me, that the CGI technology is at the point that Spider-Man can be fully realized on the big screen.

Evil gives Spider-Man 2 an 8 out of 10

The train scene will leave you breathless by the way.

Edited by Evil, 29 June 2004 - 02:42 PM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#2 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:47 PM

I just saw it. Man, what a powerful movie. Not what I was expecting at all. Not one bit.

For all those crazed comic book fans out there, or the people who dissected films LotR to how true it was to the books, stay away from this film. The second you start arguing over some intracacy is the second you defeat the whole purpose of seeing the film in the first place.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#3 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:13 PM

I just got back from the cinemas also. Great CGI and storyline. It's definately a different theme than the first Spider Man, which I found appealing. I look foward to the next one, go see it you hosers.

#4 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:26 AM

I'm going to see it Friday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users