Photo

Cps 1700

6 replies to this topic

#1 NightKast

NightKast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:12 PM

Hi guys how do you like my first mod? This is a modded cps 1700 supersoaker. I took out the water tank because it isn't needed and takes up too much space. It has an upgraded tank which makes it so you don't have to pump as much. I also upgraded the pump so instead of pumping 20 times, you only have to pump 3 or 4 pumps to pull off about 100-150 feet using stefan(estimation). And lastly I used a crayola barrel. This thing is sweet and so powerful, with 4 pumps I can launch a color pencil across my living room!

This gun is basicly used as a stationary weapon because of its size and power. One guys mans the gun and the other guys pumps. Here's a pic:
Posted Image

Edited by NightKast, 01 July 2004 - 11:24 PM.

#2 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:20 PM

yay first mod! grats that you got it done!
100-150 feet? thats kinda a huge margin... did you measure??
~SS

#3 NightKast

NightKast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:22 PM

no not yet, I have to get some darts first

#4 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:31 PM

What are you going to do with that pump? Seeing as this is your first mod, people won't mind if you tape it to the shell, but you should look into a more permanent attachment.

Oh, and if your gun is so powerful, I would look into a longer barrel material. Better accuracy at stake.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#5 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:37 PM

Yea man, get some nested brass on that thing. Atleast 10" will show a HUGE improvemeant.

#6 NightKast

NightKast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:06 AM

ok i just mounted the pump on the gun. It is a rear pumping gun, its pretty comfortable and doesn't really get in your way. Another nice feature is that the pump handles act like a stock so you can improve your accuracy. Heres the updated pic and I will change the barrel when I get one.
Posted Image

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:36 AM

Gah.. sorry for posting so much, but I DO have some input.

First off, very nice job, it looks like it's painted gunmetal, and I really like the look of it.

Secondly, you REALLY need to replace the barrel, it'll increase your range a ton. I suggest a long thing of 9/16 brass, probably at least 15 inches. Or, cpvc if you get a tight fit with it. Cpvc has yet to fail me, but it's a really tight fit. However, with supersoakers, it seems to get much better range since you have so much air, and it gets a massive pop with a tight barrel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I get good results with cpvc and supersoakers. However, if you really feel the need to keep the crayola, I'm pretty sure you could just take a long piece of 1/2 pvc and slide that over the crayola, kind of making a breech loader. You could probably stick a coupler over the crayola and glue it on the casing so it's more secure as well. Best of luck man!

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users