Electronics Help

I have a rayven from Christmas, and i'm lost

3 replies to this topic

#1 exotwist

exotwist

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hey, so for Christmas, I got the nerf RAYVEN. i want to modify it, but i am a noob when it comes to electronics. I would like to do something along the lines of lumifibre and LEDs with a battery gauntlet, but i haven't the slightest clue as to what kind of brand makes the best kind of LEDs, battery holders, and other stuff like that, if anyone would like to help me, awesome! i don't REALLY know what i want to do for finals, but i know it will be mostly cosmetic.

Use the default font and typeface unless you have a very good reason not to.

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 05 January 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#2 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

If you're new, use a prebuilt lighting system- for example, electroluminescent wire is easy, and comes with a battery holder/converter built in. If you prefer to learn, a rather exhaustive LED tutorial can be found HERE. Check the modifications directory for cosmetic tutorials, and Uin13/Coop's youtube channels both have good advice on painting, if you're new to that. As to Rayven system modifications, Azreal has a great guide HERE. Welcome to the Haven!

#3 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

For the battery holders, i get mine from lowes. Go to the hardware/fasteners aisle(at least for me) then look for a wall with a bunch of drawers with washers and things like that. There should be a drawer called science projects & hobbies or something along those lines. Battery harnesses/casings should be in there. Again, this is how it is at my lowes, it might be different for you.
You want Homemades? I make Homemades.
~le yootoob

#4 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Being a noob and all, Coop772 on YouTube has some pretty good basic mod guides (he has one for the Rayven) and does a lot of tutorials on more advanced junk like LED and rewring of electrics. Check him out on YouTube and I think he'll have some really insightful tips on what you're trying to achieve.
You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users