Photo

Raider CS-35 Jamming/Low Power

4 replies to this topic

#1 solidsnake666

solidsnake666

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Been lurking on the forum for a bit now and haven't needed to post for any reason since I've been able to find all the info I needed until now...

A buddy picked up a Raider CS-35 off amazon the other day and he's having a problem with the gun. It keeps chewing darts. I have a feeling this is more user error than an issue with the gun, but it does jam a lot.

I was actually able to fire through 3 full drums of darts without it jamming by making sure I fully cocked the gun each time. It seems that if you don't pull the handle back all the way until it clicks, when pulling the handle back a second time the gun tries to load 2 darts and one gets destroyed/chewed up.

Also, along with the gun jamming a lot about 1 out of 5 shots does not leave the barrel properly, as if the spring is not providing full force or something is not sealing properly.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Mr cleaver

Mr cleaver

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

The same thing happened with my raider. It's not an issue, it's the way the raider functions stock. If he really wants to fix it buy an OMW kit for it, there on clearance. Other than that, raiders just suck stock.

You haven't lived until you've rammed a 7/8" spade bit into a PVC coupler.

#3 solidsnake666

solidsnake666

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

The same thing happened with my raider. It's not an issue, it's the way the raider functions stock. If he really wants to fix it buy an OMW kit for it, there on clearance. Other than that, raiders just suck stock.

Already got the kit, but wanted to check here before I went and installed it. Didn't want to make things worse by adding to the equation.

I'll put it in and mess around with it and see how things go. Thanks!

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Why on earth did you let your friend buy a NEW raider? I don't even see them listed as a regular item on Amazon anymore and the rampage is only $20 http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0083TXX9U . With that expensive kit you might be able to get performance only slightly better than what an AR removal would do for the rampage.

#5 solidsnake666

solidsnake666

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Why on earth did you let your friend buy a NEW raider? I don't even see them listed as a regular item on Amazon anymore and the rampage is only $20 http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0083TXX9U . With that expensive kit you might be able to get performance only slightly better than what an AR removal would do for the rampage.

I didn't let him do anything. He's a grown adult and made the decision himself. I just tinker with things so he asked me to take apart his gun for him.

The gun fires much better, but the darts still jam occasionally and it seems like if a dart is slightly disformed it doesn't shoot out of the breach properly. Best I can do. After greasing everything even with the more powerful spring my Strongarm is more powerful :-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users