Photo

Rough cut catching issues.

1 reply to this topic

#1 BenFett

BenFett

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hey guys, so I cut down my rough cut yesterday for making into a masterkey, and after finishing I went to test it, and now one of the plungers won't stay in its catches position. I'm worried I cut too much off of it. Do the plunger rods press against the top of the shell in the fully cocked position? Because that is the part I cut off, and I'm worried I just ruined my rough cut..

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, it's completely stock except for the cuts in it, though with my first cut I didn't clean the shell before putting the internals back in it, so the mechanism is rather filled with shreds of the shell, I'm not sure if that was relevant, just wanted to make sure you guys know everything.

Edited by BenFett, 03 January 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#2 BenFett

BenFett

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

Well I figured out what I did wrong, I cut just a little too much and I took off the little tabs that hold down the plunger rods... Uhg, my fault for not seeing those before though. I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it now, I'm going to try and run a band of metal over the top of it that just might do it, oh well, I'll see what happens in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users