Questions about batterys and the rapidstrike

3 replies to this topic

#1 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I am currently working on my rapidstrike and will be using a liPo and extreme 180 motors for the flywheels. What I want to know now is should I connect the liPo to the dart pusher motor or should I wire the dart pusher motor to ultrafires.
Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#2 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

That mostly depends on how fast you want it to shoot. At higher voltages, you'll have a harder time controlling how many darts you shoot when you pull the trigger. The general consensus seems to be that a 3 cell LiPo (11.1V nominal) is right around the point that it is too fast to easily control. If you're running a 2 cell pack (7.4V nominal), you'll probably be fine if you connect the flywheels and pusher motor to the same pack.

Edited by roboman, 29 December 2013 - 07:55 PM.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#3 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

That mostly depends on how fast you want it to shoot. At higher voltages, you'll have a harder time controlling how many darts you shoot when you pull the trigger. The general consensus seems to be that a 3 cell LiPo (11.1V nominal) is right around the point that it is too fast to easily control. If you're running a 2 cell pack (7.4V nominal), you'll probably be fine if you connect the flywheels and pusher motor to the same pack.

I am using this battery pack My link
Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#4 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

I am using this battery pack My link

That should be fine.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users