Mega Magnus Firing issue

2 replies to this topic

#1 Crow Sama

Crow Sama

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Okay I appologise ahead of time for not having my own pictures, however I have a problem with my Mega Magnus. I was poking around at the clip holds on the top, but when I tried to prime it again it wouldn't prime fully. I pulled out my screwdriver and got in it, and I see now that the problem is a small lock called the Bolt Sled Lock, pictured below thanks to a kind Youtube user who did the video.
Posted Image

Sad thing is that he doesn't explain what it does, and I haven't modded enough Nerf to know what one does.

My question- do I need this lock for the gun to function? Is this piece able to be removed from other guns with sled locks and the gun still works despite not having the piece? I've tried to find other resources on the web but nothing's really helping me here.

User was commemorated for this post.

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 29 December 2013 - 09:57 PM.

What's that? Sorry, there's no chance I can lose to you here.

#2 Steampunkzombie

Steampunkzombie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm pretty sure the Bolt-sled lock makes it so when you pull the slide back it stays in place but I'm not 100% sure.
My Youtube
My deviantART profile
Good things come to those who drink Pepsi
Your stupidity offends me

#3 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • State:Missouri

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

I haven't opened one up personally, but other bolt sled locks generally keep you from double priming a blaster. Double priming could load extra darts in the breech if there were more darts in the clip, causing it to jam. But removing it can also allow you to de-prime a blaster. I very much like being able to de-prime so I don't have to dry fire. If i'm wrong and you know what it actually does please correct me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users