Nerf Iron Man 3 Iron Flyer Mod

CPVC barrel, spring replacement

2 replies to this topic

#1 nerfbetter

nerfbetter

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hello everyone, I just recently acquired the Nerf Iron Flyer. It was pretty fun to shoot the man that came with it but it did not get any range. So I took it and modded it.
So here is how I did it.

What you will need:
Dremel(with a cutting blade and sanding drum)
2.5-3 inches of cpvc
a spring that will fir into the blaster
adhesive
thick adhesive(hot glue epoxy putty ect.)
sealent adhesive
and the most obviously a screw driver for the screws and the blaster

So here is the blaster
Posted Image
Posted Image

So first you will need to take the plunger out of the blaster by taking out the four screws in the bottom. Unscrew the plunger head and put the spring on. You have a choice of replacing or adding a spring. I chose to add a spring that was a pump return spring from an air soft gun I think.
Posted Image

After that we are now going to give it a nice barrel of CPVC. First thing you will need to do is cut here on the blaster. Be careful when you cut because of the AR spring is in there.
Posted Image

After cutting there clean it up to your specifications.
Posted Image

After you clean it up you will get your piece of CPVC and apply excessive amount of the thick adhesive and stick the CPVC into the space you made. Make sure you get it as straight as you can you may want to rap it in Electrical Tape so it fits snuggly and you can get it straighter easier. I did not do that.
Posted Image

When you finished that and you adhesive has dried set or whatever put a sealant over it to ensure a good seal. Then put it all back together. And you are finished.
Posted Image

Ranges vary between 50-65 ft. with stock darts of all types.

Questions and concerns or advice please comment

Thank You for looking.

#2 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yup. These things are pretty much Jolts.

#3 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

These things are not jolts. They are vastly inferior. The plastic feels thinner and cheaper, the trigger is not nearly as nice, and the ranges I got out of an Iron man blaster modded with a CPVC barrel compared to just an AR removed Triad were a solid 30'+ less. I didn't mess with the spring like you did though. I would pass one of these up even if it was a buck at a thrift shop. Solid writeup on a terrible blaster, good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users