Random At2k Qu

regarding the plastic thingamabober:

8 replies to this topic

#1 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:07 PM

Coming off of the liquid mechanism of the valve, is that black plastic twist on cover that makes a seal keeping the hose secure to the valve. I know on some guns ONE of these twisty peices is super-expoxied in place, and cannot twist off. (IE the SM1500; I broke maybe 3 of them in my time trying to unscrew that thing, while the one down at the pump unscrews with ease) I was wondering if anyone knows from their own modding experience with the AT2k, if that peice does infact unscrew, or if it would just break off on attempt. (I ask because I intened to connect a at2k valve assembly onto a SM1500 pump in a 1500's casing because it is a superior valve and the pump/casing of the at2k suck :(. Anyone know?

Edited by ShortShit, 01 July 2004 - 05:04 PM.

~SS

#2 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

SOMEONE HERE KNOWS! I KNOW THAT SOMEONE ON THESE FORUMS MUST"VE TRIED TO TWIST THE THINGAMABOBER OFF AT ONE POINT AND IT EITHER RIPPED OFF PART OF THE VALVE AND BROKE< DIDNT UNTWIST< OR CAME LOOSE FINE! SOMEONE MUST KNOW AND SOMEONE MUST TEELL MEEEE! lol
:( :P :P
~SS

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:12 PM

Yes, it untwists.

THIRST

Im sorry Nerfhaven, Our plan failed. I had to reply. He was turning insane. Will you ever forgive me!?
ko

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:21 PM

Eh, I personally will, because the same thing happened on my SM5k, and it took me a looong time to repair it.

~ompa

#5 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:36 PM

ompa i dont know if your talking to him or to me hehe.
THIRST- thank you for the confirmation, I have 2 at2ks coming in the mail, one was just incase it wouldnt untwist, so itd be ok and ide have another cause it surely is not even worth fixing with goop and such.
Just to clear, THIRST, you have successfully unscrewed the peice from your AT2ks valve without fault?
~SS

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:26 PM

Well, I have done it before. You just have to be careful. It worked for me, Just hope it does for you.

~ompa

#7 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:41 PM

allright good to know. It's sounding like I should be able to pull this off pretty easily.
~SS

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:16 AM

Just be careful around the little tube that comes out of the pump shaft, it's really really brittle...

~ompa

#9 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:28 PM

ty for the tip, good thing im putting it onto a SM1500 pump anyhow, so It would be ok if i did F'up the at2k pump. I'm just going to unscrew the twistpeice from the valve, cut off the existing tubing, connect it to the tubing i allready have connected to a 1500 origional pump, epoxy it and twist the cap back on, put it where the 1500's valve once was in a newversion 1500 casing, and close it up :) Should be painless and have good results... SHOULD being the key word. I wish i knew why the at2k has a better valve, they look soo much alike, maybe the stupid airtechliquidgauge thing improves it! ;) who knows.

Edited by ShortShit, 02 July 2004 - 12:30 PM.

~SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users