question about locks on posts

10 replies to this topic

#1 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

I was wondering if a moderator locked a topic, could they unlock it as well... with that asked, if I asked if a moderator to lock my next topic, nerf longstrike mod , could I edit it so I could add photos to it? I don't have the photos made yet... but I don't want to forget this mod. And if I did get someone to accept this, would it also make my warning bar go up?

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#2 Ezio Nerf

Ezio Nerf

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

What... The... Fuck.... . -. This is certianly gonna get you in trouble. Did you like triple post dude? Not good. And what would be the sense of editing a post because I doubt a good amount of people would see it because it'd be far behind all the new posts. And most people get Warnings for posting in "Old" Threads which is basically what your trying to get people to do so I wouldn't think that'd be a good idea...

Edited by Ezio Nerf, 07 December 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#3 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

Dude just type your write-up or whatever into a word document, then take the pictures, and reassemble the writeup in the Nerfhaven editor with the pictures. Simple as that.
Wyes may take a while...:

My Youtube Channel

#4 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • State:California

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Dude just type your write-up or whatever into a word document, then take the pictures, and reassemble the writeup in the Nerfhaven editor with the pictures. Simple as that.

What I did for my range raider write up.

#5 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Did you like triple post dude?

Quadruple.

#6 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

I was having trouble with my tablet so I didn't know I was constantly posting this... my bad... but could someone please answer my question.

#7 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

I was having trouble with my tablet so I didn't know I was constantly posting this... my bad... but could someone please answer my question. And if this is more than one post, then I'm still having trouble with my tablet... my computer is down, so this is my only way of posting mods... Again sorry.

#8 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

I was having trouble with my tablet so I didn't know I was constantly posting this... my bad... but could someone please answer my question. And if this is more than one post, then I'm still having trouble with my tablet... my computer is down, so this is my only way of posting mods... Again sorry.

You double posted again.
its actually really simple to do yourself- either wait until you have pictures, or do the word document idea above. oh wait, you need pictures to do that too. boys and girls, i think we found an answer.

if you look around most of the other write ups, you will see some form of "dont fucking post yet" at the end of the first post so that the person can make another post, usually because of picture limits. this is exactly what your asking a mod to do for you with more work.

Edited by PBZ, 08 December 2013 - 09:47 AM.

"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#9 Ezio Nerf

Ezio Nerf

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

I was having trouble with my tablet so I didn't know I was constantly posting this... my bad... but could someone please answer my question.

You can fix one thing, don't use your tablet. I haven't had a very greatful times using this site on mobile devices. It doesn't work well. So I think theres and app for these NIC communities on the Apple App Store, not sure about Android. But I'd suggest downloading that, (Its free too!). So yea...

#10 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts
  • State:Texas
  • u/btrettel on Reddit

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

I was wondering if a moderator locked a topic, could they unlock it as well... with that asked, if I asked if a moderator to lock my next topic, nerf longstrike mod , could I edit it so I could add photos to it? I don't have the photos made yet... but I don't want to forget this mod. And if I did get someone to accept this, would it also make my warning bar go up?

Yes, a moderator could unlock a thread. I am not certain if you can edit posts in locked threads, but I imagine that you can not. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to check that right now.

As for your warning bar, it really has no meaning aside from the number of times you've been warned, which depends on which moderators notice something first and how capricious they are feeling. Don't worry about it.

I'll reiterate the suggestion to work on big posts in a word processor or text editor before posting.

#11 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Yes, a moderator could unlock a thread. I am not certain if you can edit posts in locked threads, but I imagine that you can not. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to check that right now.

As for your warning bar, it really has no meaning aside from the number of times you've been warned, which depends on which moderators notice something first and how capricious they are feeling. Don't worry about it.

I'll reiterate the suggestion to work on big posts in a word processor or text editor before posting.

Ok ty doom... again... sorry for multi-posting... I didn't know that there were posts already made prior to seeing them. I just got a laptop for christmas... so I can do my nerf related things on that... and much more. happy 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users