Splitfire

wanting info on them

5 replies to this topic

#1 WSU Cowboy

WSU Cowboy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hey everyone, I was looking into trying to find a splitfire, but before I posted in trading I wanted a little bit of background info on them. So the general info that I am looking for is such:

-major reliability issues
-what one would cost stock and modded today
-likes/dislikes about them in general (handle being comfy, usability, ease of modding, etc.)
-anything else I should know about them

Thanks everyone!
"Overkill is Underrated"-Omega Squadron, WSU

#2 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

-major reliability issues

They are pretty notorious for leaking, typically out of the front of the tank. They are back pressure tanks. All the internals are connected together so you can't exactly replace individual parts, so, if you tank leaks and you cant fix it your screwed.

-what one would cost stock and modded today

I've sold my last 3 stock for between $40 and $30. Not sure if that's really the going rate, but it's what I felt like they should be worth.

-likes/dislikes about them in general (handle being comfy, usability, ease of modding, etc.)

They are easy to mod, you should check out some of the guides in the Modifications Directory. The handle isn't exactly comfortable, but isn't uncomfortable either; it falls into the comfort category of the plusbow for me. They are as easy to use as any other singled air gun; However getting the tanks to fire at different times takes some getting used to.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#3 WSU Cowboy

WSU Cowboy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

I have checked them out on the mod guide, and seen some modded on youtube, I would love to do one if I could get ahold of one! Do you mind if I ask what a back pressure tank is cheerios?

#4 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

Same type of tank as the panther and whole airmax line. Instead of pulling a pin opening the front port, a release valve behind the tank is pushed, creating a low pressure zone allowing the front of the tank to open.

#5 WSU Cowboy

WSU Cowboy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification! I have only dealt with the standard tanks like in AT3Ks.

#6 Guest_Purple Crayon_*

Guest_Purple Crayon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

The Splitfire is one of my favorite "classic" blasters. I've got a very nicely modded one that you could take off my hands, if the interest remains. Let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users