Photo

Homemade Guns

5 replies to this topic

#1 blackfoger

blackfoger

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 12:40 PM

is there any part of making a homemade gun that was really hard to do like make the gun wthiout a leak???

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:15 PM

Makeing or modding any gun takes some skill. When makeing a home made, jus tbe sure to sand and score any and all areas of PVC that are being cemented together. Aslong as you glue it good, your doing alright.

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:48 PM

And to add to that...very very important...

Make sure you use the right PVC cement (assuming you will be using PVC pipe and fittings for your homemade). Not Plumber's Goop, not epoxy, not Krazy Glue. Get the proper primer and cement, and read the directions carefully. More is not necessarily better, since the cement chemically fuses the materials together.

And, please, wait at LEAST 24 hours before pressurizing your homemade...at best it'll leak here and there. At worst...BANG! Right when you don't expect it. It can rattle your nerves.

Homemades are a hoot. Have fun building!

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:37 PM

More is not necessarily better, since the cement chemically fuses the materials together.

Well put Pineapple.

The cement also will stick to flesh, not as strong as on the pvc will be, but nonetheless it will still bond your fingers together so dont go fingerpaint your name on your pvc or use your fingers to clean up the excess.

And for petes sake use both the primer and cement (not glue). For the cement does not adhere to the pvc without the primer. Also to remember to work fast when assembling and bonding because the glue will dry in less than a minute if you leave it out. Finally apply pressure for at least 15 seconds otherwise there will be no bond between the pvc.

-Terminator
"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#5 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:54 PM

Another big thing to remember about homemades, is to have every single part that you will need. Lay them all out in order before you start building the gun.

Once you start cementing your pvc, there is no turning back. Make sure you have everything, and have them in the right sizes and order first. I know you are probably anxious to start building something, but patience is key, so be prepared.

I always assemble my homemades without primer and cement first, just to get a feel for how everything fits together. If I need to change a pipe size, I can do it easily. Once you cement, there is not much you can do to fix your pipe length mistakes.

~Vintage

Edited by Vintage, 01 July 2004 - 11:54 PM.

You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#6 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:03 PM

Don't worry about glue BF, I have some that never leaks and only takes like 1/2 hour to glue. ^_^
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users