Photo

Pyragon vs Hailfire

8 replies to this topic

#1 Zurg48

Zurg48

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

I need a heavy fire gun but I don't know which one is better based on 1) mobility 2)duribility 3)cost
THANKS

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 29 December 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#2 Mr cleaver

Mr cleaver

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Two of the examples you gave are not constants.
1) mobility:
If your using the pyragon with its massive drum and your using the hail fire with six round clips than I'd go with the hail fire, but if your going use 18 round clips with the hail fire than I'd go with the pyragon.
2) durability:
This one is the only constant and the pyragon wins hands down. The hail fire has those awful flimsy clip covers.
3) cost:
Right off the bat the hail fire is cheaper, but over time your going to have to keep buying batteries therefore cranking up the cost.

But if I had to pick a "heavy fire GUN" (here we don't call it that, it's a blaster) I'd go with the rapidstrike (I know it wasn't an option, I'm just giving my opinion) Its lightweight, easy to mod, its pretty good right out of the box and it has insane painting potential.

I didn't mean to shoot you down like that. Just trying to help.

You haven't lived until you've rammed a 7/8" spade bit into a PVC coupler.

#3 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

What you will get here are a bunch of opinions. YouTube is a massive resource, I don't know how many reviews of the two different blasters your trying to compare have been done, but I can guarantee you, their have been lots.
When I'm comparing blasters, I look for reviews on YouTube, elsewhere on the internet, and really just wherever I can find them. If you have someone you know who owns either blaster, it's always a good idea to check it out; it's hard to decide what blaster to get if you've never held/used it before.
To answer your question directly, both blasters have their pro's and con's.
The Hailfire is fun, it uses stock darts, and you can up the voltage easily for some pretty sweet performance. The problem is, it's incredibly unwieldy.
The Pyragon is also pretty neat, the drum unloads very efficiently, and the action is incredibly smooth. The problem is, you will lose discs, and they are more expensive than darts.
Both blasters are ~$40, for the same price, you could get a RapidStrike, which is, as Mr cleaver said, light, easy to mod, pretty good outta the box, and has the potential to dump a ton of darts very quickly, if that's what you want.
Again, the NIC isn't really a good place to ask "what type of blaster should I get" type-questions, it tends to be difficult to piece out a solid answer.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Mully, 04 November 2013 - 08:59 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Again, the NIC isn't really a good place to ask "what type of blaster should I get" type-questions, it tends to be difficult to piece out a solid answer.

Partly because "What blaster should I buy" threads are not allowed. I suspect that it has something to do with their tendency to digress in to clusterfucks. That said, I hear that over-volted Nitrons are pretty popular and can take a Pyragon drum or extended disc clip.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 The Rapidstrike master

The Rapidstrike master

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Buy the Pyragon. Doesn't need batteries, and it doesn't jam so much as the Hailfire did.
Gimme your damn loot!

#6 Boris99

Boris99

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

I would say the pyrogon- The durability is great and it's over all very reliabe. However I suggest you put a good stock on it if you plan to use the slam-fire often. I have both guns and the hailfire (mine at least) has a tendancy to have darts fall out of the clips when i am running around. With the hailfire you probly dont want to use anything other than six round clips or it gets too bulky and cumbersome. If you choose the pyrogon, while it is much more expensive, you may need to aquire a large clip other than the drum (the drum is also fairly cumbersome). This will cost even more but will be worth it in the long run. Hope wichever one you get is what you need.

Good luck
I like apples!

#7 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

The Pyragon is an awesome blaster. The Hailfire is a clusterfuck.

#8 Arvex

Arvex

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'm not a fan of the disc blasters in even the slightest sense of the word, but I also am not so fond of the Hailfire either. As someone who doesn't like either, I think I can give you an objective suggestion.

By your criteria, and picking between the two, I'd say the Pyragon. The drum looks a little clumsy in size, but it doesn't move. If you try rotating your clips on a Hailfire with an unbalanced load (i.e. four clips or getting close to using up four clips with the others full,) I could see rotating it becoming awkward or even difficult. I've also had trouble getting it to rotate clips if it's not perfectly level with the ground. The Hailfire is also TINY, making it even more awkward for someone my size. If I want an unpractical, high rate-of-fire, blaster; I'll fix my Vulcan (might make a decent indoor blaster.)

I only bought a Hailfire because it was on sale for a price where I was essentially buying 24 with four clips and getting a free Hailfire. I might look into modding it later to see if I can make it useful (or at least use the shell for a homemade.)

I'm siding with Cleaver on the Rapidstrike. Bought one for myself and bought a second one for my friend who I'm going to try to get into local Nerf wars or see about tagging along with them when they to go their HvZ stuff. The blaster itself is probably about the same price as a Hailfire, if not cheaper* than it by a lot.

*Last I checked, they're on sale for about $25 at Target.

Edited by Arvex, 11 December 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#9 Roland The headless

Roland The headless

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

I bought my son a hail fire for x-mas. I should have looked on line first. I would have got him a rapidstrike.
being a noob to this site and nerf in general. I having a blast...lol
I modded a scout then a mav I got a stampede
and a longshot off the c place
but that is for a mod post merry x mas yall Roland
give me nerf or give me death

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users