Question about fng's

Just joined this week and i was put on this group, don't understan

5 replies to this topic

#1 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

What does the group title fng's mean... I don't understand it... could a staff or someone enlighten me on these different group titles? What limitations do i have because I am on that group... and I just joined Tuesday, October 15, 2013... possibly Wednesday, October 16, 2013? And why was I put on it?

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#2 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

FNG: F***'n new guy...
It's a probationary rank. Theirs a set of unreleased secret criteria to be met before an FNG is promoted to a member rank. I don't know it, but it I'm guessing it probably centers around post count and post quality. Probably includes some other stuff as well though. It precludes you from accessing the trading section, and also limits the number of posts you can make each day.

I guess you can either view it as a control measure to avoid the flood of ignorance that comes with a large batch of verified accounts.

You're off to a good start though. You seem to grasp the purposes of the shift key, grammar and punctuation.

Welcome to NH.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#3 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

The group was designed to allow newer members to "learn the ropes" before becoming fully-fledged members. It usually takes a few months to achieve full membership; in that time you're limited to two posts a day, and you can't use the trading forum.
S.C.U.N.

#4 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I could be wrong, but I believe the more active you are the faster you become full member.
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#5 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Aside from speculation about the criteria these guys are mostly correct. You should also be able to see an explanation of these groups on the main page of you are in one of them.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#6 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Aside from speculation about the criteria these guys are mostly correct. You should also be able to see an explanation of these groups on the main page of you are in one of them.

Ok. Thank you for the help... I asked this question because I wanted to buy some foam backer rods... but then I was put on the fng group. Thank you guys for the help again. :D

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users