Retaliator Mods

Someone please help

7 replies to this topic

#1 M1k3y

M1k3y

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hello. I recently received an Elite Retalitor for my fourteenth birthday. It was a fairly reliable blaster, until I left it primed overnight. I had to leave to go to my mom's house, and it remained primed for about two days and when I returned to my dad's house, I fired the gun off and it's range was greatly decreased. I am wondering, is there any way I can fix this problem, or are there any mods that can fix this problem? Thank you-

M1k3y

Edited by M1k3y, 15 October 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Wat happened was, you left your Retaliator's spring in the primed (tense) position for too long; the fix is either to get a new one here, or to buy a stronger replacement from Orange Mod Works.

Edited by Mully, 15 October 2013 - 08:49 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#3 M1k3y

M1k3y

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Thank you. I'm just going to try replacing it with another retaliator spring. Do you know where I could find one?

#4 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Thank you. I'm just going to try replacing it with another retaliator spring. Do you know where I could find one?

Just post a "WTB" thread, here's one from me to give you an example;
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=24361

Most transaction on NH are done through PayPal, post a thread about it, maybe somebody answers, you get in touch with that person about prices and shipping, and voilà. You can always check the legitimacy of the seller before completing a transaction by doing a search for that member in the Buyer/seller Feedback Thread. Unfortunately you are still in the new members group (you're purple) and as far as I know this means that you can't use the trading forum; at least I think so. It could just be if you're trying to sell something, the best way to find out would be to PM one of the admins.

Edited by Mully, 15 October 2013 - 09:33 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#5 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

The user is still a FNG, so the trading thread is not an option.

Fortunately, i have a few stock retailator springs lying around.

I Private Messaged him about selling it to him.

Edit: Nice word filter. I like it. Unfortunately, in this case i was informing other users of the private message and not the FNg himself, seeing that he has already met his 2 post-a-day limit.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 15 October 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#6 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

I had heard about that particular filter from Langley at the post-APOC party, but had never seen it happen... glorious.
"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#7 Some Guy

Some Guy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

You can also simply stretch the spring in your retaliator, it will be stronger than before for a while, then go back to its original strength. See if that works first, you might as well save your time and money than to just buy a new spring that will probably weaken again.

~SG
Proud maker of Fools Gold; 3rd and last rebuild of the famous FAR.

#8 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

You can also simply stretch the spring in your retaliator, it will be stronger than before for a while, then go back to its original strength. See if that works first, you might as well save your time and money than to just buy a new spring that will probably weaken again.

~SG

Let's not advise others to stretch springs, m'kay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users