Photo

Pump replacement in backpressure tank question

3 replies to this topic

#1 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

So maybe it has been established maybe it hasn't, but I want to know if I can drill a hole in the tank, put a micro line fitting and check valve, and attach it to a bike pump.

Similarly to the big blast pump replacement, but for a Buzz Bee Range Master.
It is a back pressure tank and I don't think it's possible, but I'm not experienced enough to figure out what to do.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

So maybe it has been established maybe it hasn't, but I want to know if I can drill a hole in the tank, put a micro line fitting and check valve, and attach it to a bike pump.

Similarly to the big blast pump replacement, but for a Buzz Bee Range Master.
It is a back pressure tank and I don't think it's possible, but I'm not experienced enough to figure out what to do.

Thanks in advance!

If you try to fill it from anywhere beside the pilot valve inside it will not work.

You have to tap into the original tubing line.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

Poo.
The pump is integrated into the tank itself.

#4 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

If you try to fill it from anywhere beside the pilot valve inside it will not work.

You have to tap into the original tubing line.

Is that because it needs to be sealed off first? You could just put a very weak spring in there too act as that first sealing pump. That is exactly how a sprinkler valve on my golf ball cannon works now that I think of it.
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users