Powerclippin Problems

WHY ME

11 replies to this topic

#1 yomullensup

yomullensup

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:48 AM

Well I have a very nice powerclip but I have a problem that Im not positive is fixable but maybe you guys can help. First its not modded and I got it way back when it came out. My problem is that when you shoot the clip doesnt lock in and stay in the same position. For instance you can be running and the clip could go all the way back into your gun. Then you dont know where you left off and its a pain? Has anyone else had this problem?

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, my friend had that problem. If you open the gun up, you will notice that on one side of where the clip is there is this black piece; it is very small. On the other side, there won't be. Since there is only one of those, the clip won't stay up. The onnly way to fix it is to get another black piece from another PC. Two weren't put in for some assembly line are, cause some of the earlier ones had two, others didn't. Nerf should recall all of the first year PCs so that no one else will have to worry about that. Here's a pic; it's on the upper right corner:
Posted Image
Props to Yakman for having a great mod site :P
Oh yeah, you're welcome in advance if it helps you any.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 yomullensup

yomullensup

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:02 AM

that really stinks cause i dont feel like buying another powerclip I think someone used electrical tape for the other black part?

#4 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:22 AM

If you look at the clip on your PC, you will notice groovish-type-things. The little black pieces use those grooves to keep the clip up. You might be able to use electrical tape and make the action friction-operated?
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#5 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, my friend had that problem. If you open the gun up, you will notice that on one side of where the clip is there is this black piece; it is very small. On the other side, there won't be. Since there is only one of those, the clip won't stay up. The onnly way to fix it is to get another black piece from another PC. Two weren't put in for some assembly line are, cause some of the earlier ones had two, others didn't. Nerf should recall all of the first year PCs so that no one else will have to worry about that. Here's a pic; it's on the upper right corner:
Posted Image
Props to Yakman for having a great mod site ^_^
Oh yeah, you're welcome in advance if it helps you any.

Are you talking about that little black tab and spring in the upper right hand corner?

Are they the same in all powerclips?

Beacuse I'm sitting here with my PC, looking at it and saying "shit, I could make a mold and cast some replacement ones this weekend." If the clear blue cover comes off easily, and you can just replace it, I'll make some.

Edited by Katachi, 29 June 2004 - 01:16 PM.

"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:26 PM

Katachi, that'd be awesome! It'd be like... the universal fix for all people who are too damn lazy to constantly adjust the screws until it works. It took me I think an entire day of tiny adjustments to the screws until I got it tight enough, but not too tight, to hold the clip when the arm caused it to advance.

Oh, and I believe the blue piece is glued down, but you could always epoxy it back in, no big deal.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 29 June 2004 - 01:26 PM.

#7 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:32 PM

Katachi, that'd be awesome! It'd be like... the universal fix for all people who are too damn lazy to constantly adjust the screws until it works. It took me I think an entire day of tiny adjustments to the screws until I got it tight enough, but not too tight, to hold the clip when the arm caused it to advance.

Oh, and I believe the blue piece is glued down, but you could always epoxy it back in, no big deal.

~ompa

Okay. I have a Tech Target to paint up tonight, and I'll work on getting that tab out maybe thursday or friday.
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#8 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:11 AM

Yeah, I created a mod when the PC first came out to deal with that problem, but that was with two of the tab inserts. Anywho, you can pry off the little caps on the "boxes" with a screw driver, they'll pop right off.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#9 Max86358635

Max86358635

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:31 PM

yomullensup i have that part from my broken powerclip. I could sell it to u if u want.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:25 PM

May as well just post here and bring it back than make another new topic.

I just purchased a Powerclip off of eBay. I noticed around the bladder some white powder. The thought occured to me that maybe the rubber bladder may crack if it was too dry.

Does anyone else have this powder on thier PC?

Should I moisten the bladder by simply cleaning it with a wet cloth?

Thanks,
Hunter

EDIT: Thanks okto.

Edited by Hunter, 25 September 2004 - 02:32 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#11 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:29 PM

i think that's part of the manufacturing process for rubber, like some sort of anti-adhesant so the rubber won't stick to the mold. bike inner tubes are usually like that, so i wouldn't worry.

#12 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 05:23 PM

I wouldn't wet it. Then it just becomes sticky like bubble gum. The white powder keeps it from sticking to stuff like the case when you pump it up.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users