4 replies to this topic

#1 Crazy Modder

Crazy Modder

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image
Hello modding community,
I have recently finished painting this beauty... sad thing is that it releases spring tension prematurely; the issue is that I worried that the bucking during the prime is causing something to dislodge or grind causing the premature discharge of the springs potential energy. I have tired everything I can think of, so I am asking the experts. The strangest part of all this is that the blaster works perfectly when the blaster is open. Any ideas guys? (I will post images of internals as soon as possible)
- Crazy Modder

Edited by Crazy Modder, 26 September 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#2 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

FWIW, just so you know, threads created solely for showcasing are generally extremely erotic. Don't want to backseat mod too much, just letting you know.

I assume you've increased the spring's strength? If so, you may want to also upgrade the catch spring.

EDIT: I approve of this mod edit to my post. Lawl.

Edited by azrael, 26 September 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#3 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Next time post in here to show off your paintjob: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5250

Don't bother starting up a help thread until you have pictures of internals because qualitative problem descriptions aren't very helpful

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 26 September 2013 - 06:29 PM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#4 Crazy Modder

Crazy Modder

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Next time post in here to show off your paintjob: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5250

Don't bother starting up a help thread until you have pictures of internals because qualitative problem descriptions aren't very helpful

FWIW, just so you know, threads created solely for showcasing are generally extremely erotic. Don't want to backseat mod too much, just letting you know.

I assume you've increased the spring's strength? If so, you may want to also upgrade the catch spring.

At Zorns, I have and posted it here since it seemed better here for troubleshooting instead of in a topic on show casing.

At Azrael I have, and thought of that yet my best catch spring is not solving the issue.

Edited by Crazy Modder, 26 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#5 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Springs may not be placed into their specified position. Happened on my raider, make sure your springs are placed into the correct spring rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users