AT3K mod questions

got a few specific questions for the AT3K guys

4 replies to this topic

#1 WSU Cowboy

WSU Cowboy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

So I am starting my first AT3K (and air gun in general) project pretty quick and had a few questions for the pros out there. First thing, I plan on doing the standard stuff for this gun (PETG barrels, magstrike pump, rear loading, turret seal, etc). I was wondering what y'all would recommend for the length of barrels, if I should run a psi gauge, and what I should be running at as far as air pressure to make sure I don't blow or harm the tank. I know there is a mod guide on here but I was wondering what the specifics would be and what people thought as far as what has been working lately. I appreciate the help and thanks everyone in advance!
"Overkill is Underrated"-Omega Squadron, WSU

#2 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Follow Ryan201821's overhaul guide. 12" PETG barrels work really well, 10" would also work fine. There's no need for a PSI gauge just keep the number of pumps below 5-6, or install an over pressure relief valve if you are worried about blowing up your tank.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#3 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Everything you need to know about 3k's can be found in this excellent video-writeup guide by NoM:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

In short, to answer a few of your questions, barrels are usually about a 1' long, I wouldn't really worry about a pressure gauge, they just add extra weight, though it's your choice of course.

Edited by Mully, 24 September 2013 - 01:23 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#4 WSU Cowboy

WSU Cowboy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the help to both of you, I have heard rumors of tank problems with a plugged pump, how common is the tank damaged and should I reinforce it? If I do decide to reinforce it, how easy is it to remount it and get it realigned? So many questions I know, but being my first air blaster mod I really wanna do it right.
"Overkill is Underrated"-Omega Squadron, WSU

#5 The Nerfaholic

The Nerfaholic

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

I have heard people use 3ks at 6 pumps with a Magstrike pump with no reinforcements. I myself haven't tried that but so long as you don't exceed that you should be fine. You most likely wont need to reinforce it.
Roses are red, And violets are blue. One day we'll cruise down Blood Gulch avenue.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users