airgun homemade equipment

9 replies to this topic

#1 3DBBQ

3DBBQ

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

Hi everyone,
Long time no see, Here is the most current update that I wanna share with you.(This is my brother to help me translate)
Total are 3 parts, which is New blaster, Maker faire Taipei, and the Smart Phone App.

1.JSPB DYNE 2013

D2013.jpg.1379155361115.jpg

This Air Gun has been made since last year, but I think I can make it batter, that is why I haven’t announce until now.
I have been thinking, and considering how to make a personal made “NERF blast fire“ I do really like SIM-AUTO air power weapon.
Now I almost done half of the job, Air Providing technology has been done, and it’s been improved a lot compare with the “Pinhole Vale” previously.
The disadvantage of “Pinhole Valve” is the air will leak when user holding the trigger without releasing. This will waste the air, and lose the power.
The Newest design we name it “DYNE 2013 Trigger”temporary.
The improvement is when you click the trigger; it will snap the air hose in order to disable the air circulation without wasting air.

We increase the air gun’s capacity of the Air tank, and make the body part smaller to make it mobility.

JSPB DETONATE 4

DETONATE 4 is much smaller compare with “The mad ghost” previously, but the air capacity is about the same.
We increase the length of the gun barrel, even though we lose one bullet space of the DART, but the shutting range improve a lot.

We did try the ELITE DART. It work pretty good, and the accuracy improve a lot as well due to “ARB function”.
But the performance of the DETONATE4 will be much stronger than you expect, because the design purpose is for shutting“MEGA DARTS”.
I will have a performance update later.

TMG_VS_DN.jpg.1379155386292.jpg
<The white one is “The mad ghost” , Orange is “DETONATE 4”>

2.MAKER Faire Taipei

IMG_5336.jpg

MAKE is a DIY magazine, it will have an exhibit every year, and this is the first exhibit in Taiwan.
I am also the exhibiter this time. I make 50 sets of “JSPB C5 Launcher” for the beginner of DIY user.

painting400.jpg

paint_box_500.jpg?height=320&width=400

100% hand made package with self-painting Logo, it’s much cheaper than the regular printing. But it takes too much time... not worth it.

IMG_5536.JPG

IMG_5459.jpg
Teach audience how to make JSPB

IMG_0078.JPG
wow!!! How surprise……

JSPB C5 Launcher video tutorial. (We only have Chinese version now)

Here is JSPB C5 Launcher official website

3.iOS/Android App
The purpose to develop JSPB app is combines the difference between the virtual game and the actual game.

j_icon_144.jpg?height=200&width=200

Estimate launch date: Q4 of 2013
Platform: iOS / Android
Free

I’ve already create a small video game using Flash back to the year 2009. It’s a real live game but in the virtual world.

vej_d2.jpg

d_hm.jpg

d_cto.jpg
<VR JSPB game screen shot>

I decide to creative this app due to influence by LAZER TAG, and TEK RECON.
But the design, and the way it play is totally different!!!

NERF-LAZER-TAG-1.jpg?height=281&width=40
< LAZER TAG >
JSPB App is for any kind of war game, like“NERF WAR GAME”.
But the main design concept is still focus on“fighting and challenge”. We intergrade “reporter speech and sound” to make gamer more enjoyable while they are playing this game.
_MG_8363.JPG

Let me introduce the first function of JSPB App :CTF Master panel (CTF control panel)

mp.jpg
<control panel has all the function you need!>

_MG_8372.JPG
Key chain counter, but only judge knows the result.

We tried to find the scoreboard in sport accessories shop, but it’s over our budge. We end up using pipe to make one, but we realize it’s not cheap either.

P1400717.JPG

My DIY pipe scoreboard. It has to open the top cover to insert the silver pin pong ball. We finger out the design know-how, so this is not just a regular scoreboard.

IMG_0636.PNG
<CTF MASTER PANEL>
I spend a lot of time on the sound work during the design process.
The biggest problem is how did you not make the gamer feel bored when you arrange the music if the game time is 15 minus.
I decide to play rocking roll music at the beginning, and the rest of three I decide to use environment music.
I believe the gamer will enjoy the experience. Boom box or AMP is also recommended by this game.
Reporter speech sound:
ROUND1
ROUND2
ROUND3
ROUND4
READY
GO
Red team got the flag
Red team fail to grab the flag
Red team grab the flag successfully
Red team got one point
Blue team got the flag
Blue team fail to grab the flag
Blue team grab the flag successfully
blue team got 1 point
Red team win
Blue team win
Deuce
5 mins left
3 mins left
2 mins left
1 mins left
30 secs left
10 secs left
Time out
Game Over

Two languages to pick, Chinese and English. Some part of function can be adjusted.
IMG_0635.PNG

Total is 4 rounds in this game, each round has customize 5 mins, 10 mis, or 15 mins.
When game is over, the final score will show up, include the date, time. Also, you can share the screen shot with your friend.
IMG_0637.PNG

screen shot can be the game location or the winner’s picture
video here:

The second function: FFA COUNTER

FFA is refer to“Free Fight”. In general speaking, after discuss the game roll, all the gamer has 10 secs to hide.
Every gamer is your enemy after 10 secs, and you will be out when you got shot by other gamer.

This game is pretty fun, especially when you try to attack someone or try to hide at someone’s back.
But the disadvantage of this game is a lot of gamer got shoot at the beginning, which mean the game is over at the beginning.
When gamer try to recount the 10 secs to recover their life, they look stupid. We need to figure out a way to improve this part.

There is a small game pack in the market.
It came with 4 guns, and point card. But it only limited for 4 people to play.
Also, there is another problem to play this game. When the gamer got shoot, they have to hand in their card,
they might got shoot again by another gamer during this time, and he will feel embarrassed to tell other gamer that he already dead,
and you don’t get the point. Sound like really fool.

CLUE.jpg
<CLUE>

I start to think how to create a rule to protect each other without getting shoot during the time when gamer exchange the card.
So, I came out this“Shield”idea.
“Shield” can protect each gamer for 10 secs without getting shoot when gamer exchange the card.
ffa.jpg

There are 2 big buttons on the screen shot, if you get shoot, just press the red button.
ffa2.jpg
Now the “Shield” sound will activate for 10 secs, and it will let other gamer know you already dead in this game.
No one will attack you within this period, and the gamer who just shoot you will receive your point when you press
“ I got you”button in his smart phone. The shooter need to press “Reborn Button”to recover your life in your phone as well.
All the process will have notice sound in order to prevent the cheat. After all the process, you will have 10 secs to hide, and continuous this game.
JSPB App The third function: Cyborg VS Steampunk man

CYBORG.jpg

Cyborg VS STEAMPUNK!
When you decide to select the Cyborg, which mean you will team up with other gamer who select Cyborg as well.
And all of you will have “machine and electrical”sound to verify your team mate. For Steampunk,
they will have “ Chu-Chu Train”’s sound to notice their team mate.

The forth function: QUICK RANDOM TEAM

You can use this function for regular game practice. It can save you a lot of time on separate the team.

IMG_0638.PNG

This is how you use this function. After counting the people, press the number button,
the app will help you to separate the team automatically. During the process period,
the background sound will activate to make the game more excited, and fun.

IMG_0640.PNG
video here:
http://youtu.be/2Rkz00iS89U

The fifth function: COUNTER

Regular counter function, maybe you don’t need fancy sound or music, this is the right one for you.
The sixth function: STOPWATCH

This function is pretty similar as the “Counter”. If you just need a simple counter function, this is the right one for you.

JSPB DESIGNNER

jspb_app_blue.jpg?height=200&width=200

This is another App, the function is pretty similar as work shop , announce date: N/A!

wasabi2.jpg?height=303&width=400

Conclusion:
1.The Air Technology has been developed for DYNE 2013, I might use 3D-PRINTER to develop semi-automatic shooting. But still waiting the good timing to buy 3D-Printer.
2.Smart phone app is still in developing period, it can be used in the Nerf war game. Hopefully, everyone will support me, if you have a really good voice, please be my background music dubbing, and welcome send me the file.

www.facebook.com/jspbcombat

www.nt3.idv.tw

Edited by Aeromech, 04 December 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#2 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Wow, this is awesome. If you every need anything printed, feel free to contact me, and I can see what I can do, although shipping might be expensive from the states to Taiwan.
Wyes may take a while...:

My Youtube Channel

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

This is all pretty awesome, 3DBBQ. Some of us were discussing creating a NIC war interface app a while ago, but none of us really had the time to put in to the development. I'm glad that you are working on it!
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 Asamere

Asamere

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Blown away.... Wow. Everything about this post is superb. I especially loved the video, even if I cannot speak Chinese the video was still highly informative... And when you made that barrel break action with zip ties. Truly innovative astounding (and effective as it seems) I also love how clean everything is. Instead of a "plumber - ish" look, I gotta say these look awesome. (Needless to say I am awestruck)

Good luck on perfecting the semi auto air blaster! Keep up this amazing work. By all means find a way to get these to the States! (Cause I want one...)
Steel or foam, it makes no differance. We settle this like nerds...

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

3DBBQ puts in as much effort as the entire rest of the NIC combined.

#6 proplus

proplus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Not bad, pretty clever fix.

After all these years of airgun building,
wouldn't you want to put a spring or bow powered gun into consideration?

These blasters all look like revisions over the SAME thing over and over and over and over and over again.

It would be good to mix up gun types on the battlefeild,
espescially with the huge fanbase you've established.

On the other hand, you've done a nice job there singlehandily introducing a new hobby.
"the peinus itself is a handle"

- Kane the medeocre

#7 proplus

proplus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Not bad, pretty clever fix.

After all these years of airgun building, wouldn't you want to put a spring or bow powered gun into consideration?

These blasters all look like revisions over the SAME thing over and over and over and over and over again.

It would be good to mix up gun types on the battlefield,
especially with the huge Nerf community you've established.

On the other hand, you've done a nice job there single-handedly introducing a new hobby over there.

Edited by proplus, 16 September 2013 - 09:09 PM.

"the peinus itself is a handle"

- Kane the medeocre

#8 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

I see what you mean, but until you know exactly what goes into each blaster, you can't be for certain if there isn't a little bit of tweaking in each design. Plus, 3DBBQ is the ONLY one making legitimate air blasters which are simple, and easy to create for a new modder.

Back on subject: As far as the whole system you've put together, all I can say is damn good work. I'm going into Industrial Design in the fall, and this is exactly the kind of stuff I've always hoped I could do. All of the added pieces that go along with the blaster (packaging, game type with the balls in the tube, apps) are just sweet. This definitely looks a lot like how Tek Recon came out, and I have high hopes. Look forward to seeing more installments to the brand you've created.

On a side note, I'm digging your fluorescent light bulb rig. Smart idea

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 18 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.

industrial designer

#9 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

I especially loved the video, even if I cannot speak Chinese the video was still highly informative

Agreed. If only we could get a parts list in English?

#10 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

You guys know that YouTube does captions, right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: airgun, homemade, equipment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users