A very complex first homemade
homemade rainbow spring pumpaction writeup

35 replies to this topic

#26 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

However it doesn't have the best feature of the original, a cheek-diddle sheath around the back.

It doesn't need a cheek-diddle sheath because nothing flies forward when you fire it.

#27 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

It doesn't need a cheek-diddle sheath because nothing flies forward when you fire it.

It would protect your face against the priming sheath if it failed to catch and flew forward. It's just another safety precaution that I think all blasters should have.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#28 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

It would protect your face against the priming sheath if it failed to catch and flew forward. It's just another safety precaution that I think all blasters should have.

Nanny state!

Whatever happened to the good old days of exposed bolts flying forward whenever you fired?

Posted Image

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 15 September 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#29 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

It would protect your face against the priming sheath if it failed to catch and flew forward.

If the priming sheath failed to catch, why would it fly forward? It's not as if you let go of the foregrip once it catches. You still have to pull the sheath forward. People usually maintain a firm grip on the foregrip whenever firing the blaster.

#30 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

If the priming sheath failed to catch, why would it fly forward? It's not as if you let go of the foregrip once it catches. You still have to pull the sheath forward. People usually maintain a firm grip on the foregrip whenever firing the blaster.

True statement here. But you do have to slightly lift your face off the gun when priming (obviously). It's not anything to worry about.

Also, a sheath adds considerable weight.

Edited by quertyman, 16 September 2013 - 08:01 PM.

I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#31 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

True statement here. But you do have to slightly lift your face off the gun when priming (obviously). It's not anything to worry about.

Also, a sheath adds considerable weight.

Sheaths do add weight. My rainbowpumps all have sheaths so I can continuously stay "on target." You could drill holes in them if you want to take off maybe 15% of the mass of the tube.

On another note I made sure I did not peek at your rainbowpump design until after I submitted my rainbowpump design to the homemade contest. That being said, sweet writeup.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#32 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

Sheaths do add weight. My rainbowpumps all have sheaths so I can continuously stay "on target." You could drill holes in them if you want to take off maybe 15% of the mass of the tube.

On another note I made sure I did not peek at your rainbowpump design until after I submitted my rainbowpump design to the homemade contest. That being said, sweet writeup.

Dang, good job on that write up... :D

#33 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

can clear pvc be used for the pump section instead of the petg tube?

#34 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

sorry, double post

Edited by skullface44, 31 October 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#35 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

can clear pvc be used for the pump section instead of the petg tube?

No, only because the next closest size of clear pvc is too big to work with the 1.25" clear pvc.

#36 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

Ok thanks. I ended up ordering the petg for it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: homemade, rainbow, spring, pumpaction, writeup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users