Supermaxx 1000 and 500 Questions

Supermaxx 1000 and 500 Questions

3 replies to this topic

#1 jpc0233

jpc0233

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

I have a Supermaxx 1000 from when I was a kid growing up that I'm trying to repair. The auto-rotating mechanism doesn't work and there's a little white plastic piece sticking out from behind blue piece that holds the darts. (see pics below) I'm trying to take it apart carefully to preserve it, but I can't seem to get the two orange rings to come off that are on the very back of the barrel. I read on one of the Supermaxx 1000 mod guides that you have to pry them off but they aren't cooperating at all. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Image
Posted Image

On to the second gun.

I also have a Supermaxx 500 that doesn't work anymore. The handle that you pump comes completely off. There's a little rubber disc and a little plastic piece that comes out of the lower barrel when I pull the handle completely out. (see pics below) If I put them in (rubber disc first, then plastic piece) I can stick the handle back in and it will grab the pump plunger and move it to the front of the gun. When I pump it that way though, it seems like there's no air that actually goes into the gun. Any ideas how I can get this beast working again? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 CoolpantsMcgee

CoolpantsMcgee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • State:Oklahoma

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Those caps are going to needed to be heated up with either hot water or boiling water.

And that rubber and plastic piece is your oprv ( over pressure release valve) and those pieces keep you from overpumping your blaster. I would reccommend trying to find the spring and putting it back in place so you don't blow out your really rare and expensive tank.

#3 jpc0233

jpc0233

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I've got a heat gun that I'll try on the orange rings when I get home and see if I can't get em off without destroying them.

So there's supposed to be a spring that goes over the little white plastic piece in between where the pump handle comes off? I don't recall there ever being one there, but then again it's been several SEVERAL years since I've seen this gun (much less used it). If there was a spring in there it's long gone. Is the missing spring what kept the pump handle attached?

#4 CoolpantsMcgee

CoolpantsMcgee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • State:Oklahoma

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

I've got a heat gun that I'll try on the orange rings when I get home and see if I can't get em off without destroying them.

So there's supposed to be a spring that goes over the little white plastic piece in between where the pump handle comes off? I don't recall there ever being one there, but then again it's been several SEVERAL years since I've seen this gun (much less used it). If there was a spring in there it's long gone. Is the missing spring what kept the pump handle attached?

The spring was what pushes thd rubber seal from the oprv up to the front of the pump head so it sealed properly up until the airtank got enough pressure to compress the spring which would move the rubber seal every time you pumped it so that it would release the pressure in the pump tube so you didn't pump more air into your tank so you wouldn't blow your tank up. EDIT: (sorry if that last part was pretty confusing) If you want me to try add and fix it for you I probably can. I would just need an assortment of small weak springs which I could probably make on my own or find on my own to try and repair the pump. And since its just me fixing an oprv all you would need to pay for is shipping for when I send the blaster back to you. And the pump head is glued /solvent welded to the pump shaft.

Edited by CoolpantsMcgee, 05 September 2013 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users