Photo

Looking for a good blaster to hopper and use as a primary.

15 replies to this topic

#1 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I won't have a dremel to finally be able to start trying to make homemades until December, and would like to get a blaster to use as a primary with a hopper and stefans. I'm not looking for the best, i'm just looking for recommendations.
Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#2 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

You should try the Stryfe. It's easily available and when I put a hopper on it it shot 150, no problem.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#3 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

You should try the Stryfe. It's easily available and when I put a hopper on it it shot 150, no problem.

I'm a huge stryfe/rapidstrike user, but I didn't know you could use a hopper with it easily. I know you have to mod the dart pusher but can you post a picture of the internals so I can see what I have to do.

Edited by LordGiratia, 01 September 2013 - 10:39 PM.

Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#4 Donquixote

Donquixote

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

And remember, always integrate magnets for your darts. No other way to be competitive.

It'll turn your styrfe into a plauge!
If you have access to any motorized blade things, just whip up a UMB. Cheap and very effective. You'll only need to make one small cut.

Edited by Donquixote, 01 September 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#5 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I won't have a dremel to finally be able to start trying to make homemades until December, and would like to get a blaster to use as a primary with a hopper and stefans. I'm not looking for the best, i'm just looking for recommendations.

Just come back in December.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#6 Asamere

Asamere

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Not going to lie, a good blowgun can be your friend... You also can hopper it, it's been done. You'll need some practice to get it right if yea do though. (Best of all you could go to a place like home depot or someplace, and have them cut for you.)

You could also see whats in the trade section. Some people sell already modified blasters they don't use anymore. You may even find some that can accept a hopper because it already has a coupler on it. Some people may even sell you a homemade via trading. That is another route to go.
Steel or foam, it makes no differance. We settle this like nerds...

#7 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Not going to lie, a good blowgun can be your friend... You also can hopper it, it's been done. You'll need some practice to get it right if yea do though. (Best of all you could go to a place like home depot or someplace, and have them cut for you.)

Linky. Blowguns always take people off-guard at outdoor wars. They can be quite competitive.

Everyone else is being a dick, so I'll give you another suggestion that doesn't require a dremel.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 02 September 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#8 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

I fink people are taking the Michael.

The only spinger blasters that you can hopper are the Longshot, Lanard Quadshot, ERTL RFSG, and the other ERTL that fires foam balls and is commonly called a PAS.
Only these blasters have a plunger/air displacement big enough to power a hopper.

Then for air blasters, an AT3K, BuzzBee UMB, or BuzzBee Big Blast.

And there are others, including toilet cleaners.

Edited by Hammy, 02 September 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#9 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm a huge stryfe/rapidstrike user, but I didn't know you could use a hopper with it easily. I know you have to mod the dart pusher but can you post a picture of the internals so I can see what I have to do.

Ice Nine is being sarcastic. You could also use a Buzz Bee Air Max 6 or 10. You could probably just glue a coupler to it without having to use a dremel. You could also buy a Buzz Bee Panther and just use an RSCB on it. It will still get great range, and you can get all the parts for an RSCB at a hardware store.
As for rotary tools, you can buy this from Harbor Freight for about eleven dollars. Yes, it's small and cheap, but it will get you through your first projects just fine. There's no need to buy expensive tools when cheap ones will work fine.

Edited by DartSlinger, 02 September 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#10 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ice Nine is being sarcastic. You could also use a Buzz Bee Air Max 6 or 10. You could probably just glue a coupler to it without having to use a dremel. You could also buy a Buzz Bee Panther and just use an RSCB on it. It will still get great range, and you can get all the parts for an RSCB at a hardware store.
As for rotary tools, you can buy this from Harbor Freight for about eleven dollars. Yes, it's small and cheap, but it will get you through your first projects just fine. There's no need to buy expensive tools when cheap ones will work fine.

I don't think an AirMax 6/10 could move a hopper, seeing as how the larger 1st gen panther tanks had trouble with them.

Agreed on the cheap tools, they're a great introduction and last longer than you'd expect them too.

As for blasters that can take a hopper without a dremel, the old school expandablast comes to mind, but Beavers 3b he linked would be easier and much simpler to find.

Here is an Expandablast guide by our resident vampire.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 02 September 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#11 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Double posting, the perils of using a tablet.

Since I have this post slot, sorry, does anybody know where can I find an AirMax 10? My local wallyworld and Target only carry the six and the one.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 02 September 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#12 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Since I have this post slot, sorry, does anybody know where can I find an AirMax 10? My local wallyworld and Target only carry the six and the one.
[/quote]

duke, toysrus is the only place I have seen them

#13 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

If you want decently priced, hopperable power that's pretty easy to come by, I'd highly recommend getting a BuzzBee style air gun, (UMB, Big Blast, Berserker) just slap on a coupler, and you'll be shooting just as hard as anyone else on an NIC playing field.
Just a quick FYI, beaver's 3B is a great little primary to start off with, but, it won't fire out of a hopper.
Panthers are also pretty beastly, but from my experience their not that great hoppered either. An RSCB'd Panther on the other hand...
I'd recommend just simply buying a UMB or Big Blast. If you want a Big Blast, check with the person that hosts wars in your area first, they're banned in some areas, and not in others. UMB's are basically legal anywhere.

Off topic: Where can I find an AirMax 10? My local wallyworld and Target only carry the six and the one.

I think you just have to wait.

Edited by Mully, 02 September 2013 - 12:27 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#14 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Double posting, the perils of using a tablet.

Just bought one an hour ago from Kmart.
Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#15 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

Here's a quirky little blaster, the Buzz Bee range master. While not exactly hopperable in it's stock shell, if you put it in a new shell it's really easy to hopper with a bit of PVC ang PETG.
I'm hitting a little over 70' with terribly made slugs, so I could imagine it would hit 100' with good ones.

Write up here

While I do say you need to use a dremel I didn't use a dremel at all in this mod, I used heavy wire cutters and a hacksaw.

#16 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

I won't have a dremel to finally be able to start trying to make homemades until December.

It's worth noting that many SNAP varieties can be built with a hacksaw, drill and screwdriver. A Dremel is nice, but not required by any means.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users