Photo

Stryfe problems

5 replies to this topic

#1 Havok

Havok

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

I opened up my newly un-boxed stryfe to take out the dart sensor and the other locks. Since i do not have access to a soldering gun i had to put back in the other two locks. When i closed up the blaster it would not rev. I put the lock back in and it still won't rev. I have a clip with a few darts inserted. P.S. Sorry about the lack of pictures, I can't get any up at the moment because i am having troubles with transferring the photos to my computer. P.S.S. First post :)

#2 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Clearly, a wire has been accidentally disconnected, sir.

BTW, if you decide to mod it, don't use a soldering gun, use an iron. There's a guide on soldering on my blog, linked both in the Rayven mod guide and the technical pages part.
Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#3 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

When you remove any locks on an electronic blaster you'll have to rewire too. There's no way to remove the locks without rewiring. You probably put the lock in wrong.

Edited by xXhunter47Xx, 28 August 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#4 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

When you remove any locks on an electronic blaster you'll have to rewire too. There's no way to remove the locks without rewiring.

Actually, you can. You can keep the sensor depressed by gluing something over the front. A thin piece of plastic such as a bread bag closer and super glue would work well.

#5 Naturalman7

Naturalman7

• Contributors
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Actually, you can. You can keep the sensor depressed by gluing something over the front. A thin piece of plastic such as a bread bag closer and super glue would work well.

Removing a lock is not the same as permanently depressing it. But they have the same effect. If you remove a lock, you have to rewire.

#6 Havok

Havok

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

When I say remove a lock, I mean the plastic pieces not the little silver boxes that are part of the wiring. Also I thought that I could remove the dart sensor with no need of rewiring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users