[Solved] Problem With Raider

Not Firing Properly Out of Clip

6 replies to this topic

#1 The Dart Blaster

The Dart Blaster

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

A few days ago, I decided to mod my Raider. After looking at an internals picture, I reassembled the gun (It was taken apart for reasons I don't remember). So far I have not done any extensive mods, in fact, I haven't even removed the AR (yet).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(Please tell me the images worked)
So, as you can see (hopefully), I have removed all the locks in the gun, and taped the over-pressure release thing. I tested the gun, and it did almost nothing. Some of the darts fell out of the barrel (shown here, hopefully),
Posted Image[/URL]
while other dart didn't even move. After that, I tried putting a dart in the breech by hand, and when I fired, it shot a reasonable distance for a mostly stock blaster. So, basically, I have a Raider that won't fire out of a clip. If anyone knows why this might be happening, or sees anything wrong with my internals, please post. Thanks in advance,

The Dart Blaster

EDIT: Yay, the pictures worked!

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 23 August 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Long live the Stampede and its motorized direct plunger!

#2 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

Check your dart tooth, that little thing that pushes the darts into the breech.

#3 nine

nine

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

I agree with Exo, your dart tooth seems to be missing in your pictures. What it does is push the darts into the barrel and then move out of the way for firing. Without it, your darts won't make a seal with the barrel.

Everyone hates engineers because they listen to what you say and then think about it.

Check out my YouTube!

#4 The Dart Blaster

The Dart Blaster

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

What does the dart tooth look like? Sorry I am not familiar with all the parts of a blaster yet.

EDIT: Editing this post because of FNG post limit. Thanks nine, yeah, I was wondering what that part was for, it has a little spring you need to put on it, right.

EDIT 2: Thanks everyone, the gun clip feeds fine now, and I have gained some more knowledge about blaster internals along the way.

Edited by The Dart Blaster, 23 August 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Long live the Stampede and its motorized direct plunger!

#5 nine

nine

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

What does the dart tooth look like? Sorry I am not familiar with all the parts of a blaster yet.

It looks like this:

Posted Image

Everyone hates engineers because they listen to what you say and then think about it.

Check out my YouTube!

#6 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

It's the component in the middle of this image, this is a pretty good picture, detailing what the setup in a Raider is supposed to look like. (In, and around the square on the left is where it's located)
The dart tooth is missing in the internal pics you provided, re-install it, and you'll be good.

Edited by Mully, 23 August 2013 - 05:56 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#7 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

Good to see you got your problem solved.

To everyone else, this is what a "help me" thread should look like: specific problem, clear description, and ample pictures.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users