Photo

Long Strike Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 dog green 1

dog green 1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Right before I go breaking something thought I'd ask on here first. Need to get a Long Strike apart for spraying but can't figure out how you remove the cocking handle from one side to split the body. Is it just a case of using brute force or is there a trick to getting one side off? Any help appreciated.

#2 Blastershack

Blastershack

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Try using a claw hammer or 2 small screw drivers to pry one side off. It should come off fairly easy.

#3 dog green 1

dog green 1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

Thanks for that. Wasn't sure if they just popped off or if there was some clever Nerf trickery involved.. Time to start taking things apart.

#4 Blastershack

Blastershack

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Yea they should just pop off good luck

#5 therealnerfjunkies

therealnerfjunkies

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

You should try what blaster shack said, but if you have access to a vice, use it. You can secure one bolt on the vice (not so tight that the bolt bends or gets deformed) and pull. That's how I get all of mine apart.
"You forgot the one rule of making a remake. Don't fuck with the original."

#6 dog green 1

dog green 1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for that. Got one side off. The Long Strike seems nice a simple to break down. Comes apart easy enough and goes back together with no issues. Had problems putting a Raider back together as everything seems to be under tension and the slightest knock dislodged something.
Anyway, going to fill and sand one of the gaps where the cocking handle was and sand back the trade marks. Then its on the the joy of undercoat and masking. Just took delivery of some Tamiya masking tape so will see how that fares over the regular stuff from the DIY store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users