Need a little info about LBB's

Just a couple of questions.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

As the title says, I have a couple of questions regarding LBB's, I've never modded/owned one, and so I was wondering if anyone out their who's tinkered with 'em in the past, could give me a little help.

1) I've heard that LBB's have around the same power level, and tank size as 4b's, is this true? This would make 'em more powerful than UMB's...right? Just wanna be sure.
2) Do you need to plug the pump to make it shoot over a 100'?
3) Has anyone ever attempted hoppering an LBB?
4) How's the air release? Is it really fast?..or relatively slow compared to other air blasters?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mully, 19 August 2013 - 08:05 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#2 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

The tanks are the same size as BBBB, but the air release pins are plastic versus metal in the BBBB. I had one until the release valve broke and it wouldn't hold pressure. I didnt have access to wyes at that time, but it hit great ranges with an RSCB. The air release was fine. I don't remember about the pump though.

Edited by Azrael0987, 19 August 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#3 CoolpantsMcgee

CoolpantsMcgee

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

1) yes the tank is basically the same size.
2)yes/no it just depends on dart fit and barrel length.
3) yes, I have successfully hoppered my personal LBB. And on average it single feeds at 10-13 or so pumps at 14-22ish pumps it double feeds and at 23-30ish pumps it triple feeds. But at the 10-13 pump mark the darts (home depot foam with 3/0 fishing weights at 1.5") are getting 90's-110's for me. I'm also using a 14 inch cpvc barrel with a 3 round hoppa' clip.
4)its similar to a panthers air release but it's just a little bit slower so you'll lose a little bit of air in the process of firing the blaster.

#4 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

The tanks are the same size as BBBB, but the air release pins are plastic versus metal in the BBBB. I had one until the release valve broke and it wouldn't hold pressure. I didnt have access to wyes at that time, but it hit great ranges with an RSCB. The air release was fine. I don't remember about the pump though.

You're kidding me, that's a pain. When you say that the release valve broke, are you referring to the plastic pin?...

1) yes the tank is basically the same size.
2)yes/no it just depends on dart fit and barrel length.
3) yes, I have successfully hoppered my personal LBB. And on average it single feeds at 10-13 or so pumps at 14-22ish pumps it double feeds and at 23-30ish pumps it triple feeds. But at the 10-13 pump mark the darts (home depot foam with 3/0 fishing weights at 1.5") are getting 90's-110's for me. I'm also using a 14 inch cpvc barrel with a 3 round hoppa' clip.
4)its similar to a panthers air release but it's just a little bit slower so you'll lose a little bit of air in the process of firing the blaster.

Thanks a lot for the info man. That's a great help to me.

Edited by Mully, 19 August 2013 - 10:43 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#5 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yes, the plastic pin cracked.

#6 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

Well guys, thanks for all the info, that plastic pin is really turning me away from lbb's, as the project I have requires a pretty good amount of force around that area. The only other thing that I can think of that could theoretically take the place of an lbb tank in what I'm building, is a breserker tank...so the bottom line is, does a breserker have as large a tank, or does it at all compare to a 4b or lbb when it comes to power and tank size?
S.C.U.N.

#7 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Most Berserker tanks are essentially 2nd gen 4B tanks. War organizers generally class them as such and there is no difference in performance. However, Berserker tanks the size of 1st gen 4B tanks do exist, they look just like 1st gen 4B tanks, but are black instead of white. You can tell them by the wide, raised band, larger back area, longer length, and that they don't have a drop-in fit for a Raider shell. I didn't think they existed until someone sold one in a thread on NH a few months ago without realizing what it was.

One note is that the pin pull speed makes more difference than the tank size. Due to quality control or factory variation or whatever, some tanks have faster pin pulls than others and some OPRVs have higher stock tolerances than others. A 2nd gen tank usually hits around 250 FPS, but a faster pull and higher OPRV hits in the 270s, so shop around for the best components.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#8 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Well guys, thanks a lot for all the help, I've decided to go with a Berserker tank, because I hate the idea of having to mess around with a plastic (for crying out loud!) firing pin, especially do to the fact that the project I'm working on would have put a bit more stress than I think a plastic pin could handle, in that area.
Again, manythanks for all of the helpful information.

Edited by Mully, 20 August 2013 - 08:41 PM.

S.C.U.N.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users