Plungers

The best way to make 'em

6 replies to this topic

#1 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:53 PM

I was just wondering the best way to make plungers for homemades.

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:13 PM

you could use pvc and glue/tape foam sheeting around it.

#3 Forgotten Hero

Forgotten Hero

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:04 PM

Pepsi bottle and a Pringles can
"Nerf: It's not something you stick up your ass anymore"-Spoon
That guy is old

#4 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:58 PM

You have a few options.

The best would be to use PVC, a Dremel, some O-rings, and some lube...essentially, just get some PVC (Say, 1/2"), and put a 1/2" Endcap on the end of it. Then sand the endcap down until it fits into some 1" PVC. You want there to be a gap. Cut a notch all the way around the Endcap, and put an O-ring on...you might wanna do that part more than once. Then, lube it up, pop in a spring, have some kind of reducer in the front, poof. A homemade plunger tube.

I should make pictures...and make a run to Ace to find a more effecient way to do it.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#5 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:41 PM

I was thinking of using CPVC and 3/4" PVC. But any 2 sizes that have a 1/2" difference will work.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#6 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:11 PM

If you want a slightly more expensive but a whole lot easier and efficient, buy a $5 basketball pump (not one of the double action ones though) and screw off the cap to add a spring on the plunger.

I have a pump with a broken check valve, so I am going to run out to True Value to pick up a spring. I will make a simple pull-and-release homemade with the pump, and build from there.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#7 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:12 PM

I've used old airhog pumps with the bottom sawed off to make my plungers, its not exactly homemade, but it works :nugget:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users