Laser Sniper?

Add a laser sight to a SM3K or a RF20

29 replies to this topic

#1 papa sNERF

papa sNERF

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:07 PM

As many of us know, the laser sight on the "nite finder" is just plain cool. I was thinking, "hey, why not take the laser sight off the wimpy little gun and put it on a RF20 or a Super MaxX 3k?" they both have an area in the center of their drum rotator to put it. Any ideas?
Hello friends, thats right its time for another friendly bloodlusted NERF war with you favorite blue pals the sNERFs.

#2 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:36 PM

I almost put an extra Nite Finder LED into my SM3k blue. Instead, I just got a cool translucent blue flashlight and put blue film over the light and shoved it in. It's just as cool and fits perfectly.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#3 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:49 PM

In order to put the laser in the RF20 or SM3k drum, you would need to house the batteries and switch there as well. If the batteries were placed somewhere else, the wires would get all spun up.

If you really want to place the laser on one of those guns, you would need to find a different place to mount it.

Trying to be helpful...

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#4 papa sNERF

papa sNERF

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:59 AM

But if you wanted to put the batteries in a RF20, couldnt you go to radioshack and get a little plastica battery case to put in the barrel also?
that might be even cooler because then you could turn it on and off without the trigger
Hello friends, thats right its time for another friendly bloodlusted NERF war with you favorite blue pals the sNERFs.

#5 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:02 PM

No offence or anything, but a RF20 isn't a gun to put a laser in. It doesn't shoot that far and isn't really accurate...
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#6 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

That's the truth. An RF20 can't hit anything past 15 feet. I brassed 3K, however, may be better. Something with good range and great accuracy, but even still, lasers are pretty pointless. They aren't that great in the day, and have too small of a lit area for the night. Oh well, it was a pretty good idea. It would have to be more of a decorative item if anything.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#7 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:44 PM

That's the truth. An RF20 can't hit anything past 15 feet. I brassed 3K, however, may be better. Something with good range and great accuracy, but even still, lasers are pretty pointless. They aren't that great in the day, and have too small of a lit area for the night. Oh well, it was a pretty good idea. It would have to be more of a decorative item if anything.

GeneralPrimevil is completely correct. RF20's arent that good, plus they are automatic. You usually dont put laser sights on automatic weapons because you have multiple shots.

Second, the correct way to use a laser sight for accuracy is to mount it on your gun, say a sm5k, and have a scope too. This is very complicated because the scope and laser sight must be exactly level with each other otherwise you wont see your laser sight on your target. I understand that this isn't too practical in nerf. But you could have the same effect if you used a at2k and mount the laser sight on that gun. Then instead of leveling the laser sight with the scope you level it with your barrels. This makes greater accuracy acheviable.

Just to claify things, I am talking about a real laser sight, NOT that THING on the nite-finder. Something like this
Thats the only thing I would use, its good, cheap and has a pressure switch that can be placed on your handle.

Edited by Terminator, 28 June 2004 - 04:46 PM.

"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#8 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:34 PM

That's the truth. An RF20 can't hit anything past 15 feet

Just because you are a sh1tty modder and your RF20 doesnt shoot past 15 feet, doesnt mean that others dont. If thats the truth, then Im the Queen of England

~Your Royal Highness~
~T~H~I~R~S~T
ko

#9 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:54 PM

Thirst, your always so quik to attack someone. I think he meant 100% ACCURATE at 15 feet. anything past that it doesnt become so accurate.

Edited by NinjZ, 28 June 2004 - 05:55 PM.

#10 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:57 PM

It's range is averaged at 35 feet flat. The accurate range, however, is at a maximum of 15 feet. That's what I meant.

Terminator, those are the real deals there. They work great. I prefer the G&P Rail Mounted Tactical Laser. That thing can be stuck anywhere there is a RIS grip/rail/whatever.

#11 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:00 PM

Not to mention a RIS rail could easily be screwd onto any nerf gun.....that gives me a few ideas for the N-strike series when its out.....hmmmm...

#12 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:11 PM

Good luck finding a few. If you go to this Aisroft website, under Accessories, Mount & Rings: Mount Base. On the very top there are a few rails of various sizes. Those I know can be attached by screws alone. They even come with the screws, which are hex head by the way. With a few of those attached to a XBow, one could have foregrips, lasers, flashlights, reddots, scopes, folding sights, carry handles, and can't forget to mention the bipods. If you do order anything from that website, the shipping is enough to turn you down. Since they ship all orders from Japan, order alot of stuff so that the shipping is worth it.

#13 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:44 PM

I bought this scope http://www.cheaperth...ku=31741&imgid= for my sm5k (for which the money has been sent out already). To mount it i'm gonna duct tape it on the top of the gun and adjust it by taking target shots at a target and seeing how im missing( right left up down) then moving the scope. Then when I finally get the scope set in place (which is when the parctice shot I fire hits the target dead on) i'm gonning to carzy glue the scope in place. Then the next day ill remove the duct tape and I have a loser rifel with a scope. Of course then I will spray painit it.

#14 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:07 PM

Or glue the scope to the gun and adjust it like your supposed to. I tried doing that with my paintball gun, it was soooo much easier to do it the right way.

Im not even gonna talk about why a nerf gun doesnt need a scope. At 120', if your sm5k goes that far, the image in the scope will probably be all blurrey since your so close.

#15 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:40 PM

Or glue the scope to the gun and adjust it like your supposed to. I tried doing that with my paintball gun, it was soooo much easier to do it the right way.

Huh? Please explain im confused(I get confused eaisly :P ).

#16 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:56 PM

Thirst, your always so quik to attack someone.

Did it ever occur to you to take what I said lightly, I mean, look at my post, its a bit playful... But other than that, your right, I am quick to attack people. It aint a crime. if someone is wrong, Im also quick to correct. Id rather it be harsh, than dull and boring. Im liking the "~"'s inbetween the letters of the screenname...

It's range is averaged at 35 feet flat. The accurate range, however, is at a maximum of 15 feet. That's what I meant.

I know thats what you meant, but thats not is maximum accuracy or range. If you inner tube/rubber band the bladder, the range, and accurate range is going to increase. By more than you would think. Try it, and be enlightened.

Huh? Please explain im confused(I get confused eaisly ).

Basically, put your sights on, and then adjust them depending how/where your gun fires.

See, Im not that much of a grump.

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 28 June 2004 - 07:58 PM.

ko

#17 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:01 PM

I still don't understand but what ever. Ill just do it my way .

Edited by Nerfman2222, 28 June 2004 - 08:01 PM.

#18 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:07 PM

"To mount it i'm gonna duct tape it on the top of the gun and adjust it by taking target shots at a target and seeing how im missing( right left up down) then moving the scope. Then when I finally get the scope set in place (which is when the parctice shot I fire hits the target dead on) i'm gonning to carzy glue the scope in place."

Do you know how to site a real scope? Its got two dials on it you turn to move the two wires that make up teh crosshairs. You dont move the scope to site it, you turn the dials.

#19 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:11 PM

I doubt he has ever shot a real gun.
I shoot Lee Enfield 303 converted to .22, it's not a bad gun. To sight it, you have to sandbag it (keep it very steady with sandbag) and constantly shoot, adjust, shoot, adjust. On the Enfield it's not a scope, it's just sights, but even so...
Don't bother putting a scope on your gun. Sights... maybe. Scope... never.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#20 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:23 PM

I get it now I see the two dials. So each dial turns the horrizontal crosshair and the other the vertical one? What im worried about is that i place it so badly that no matter how much i move the crosshairs it still won't be right.

#21 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:33 PM

Thats why god invented nail-polish remover and sharp knives. Use both to losen the glue (krazy glue only) and then position and re-glue.

Oh, and if you guys liked the laser sight you may also like this. Think about this before you mount a rail system on your gun. The braket should fit over yor barrels given some hot glue and pvc.

-Terminator
"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#22 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:05 AM

Interesting. 6,000 candlepower? That should accomplish the "deer in the headlights" effect.

While we're on "real steel for Nerf", anyone who wants to fork out the bucks for this should. It has a cross-draw holster that should fit a NF, cause they show a Glock 18/19/34...one of those. It also has two pockets for shotshells, which could hold Stefans nicely.

Or, for you PC fans, this one is the same as above, but instead of a holster, it has two M16 30 rd. mag pouches. A PC clip could be jammed in there. Perhaps, though, someone should make a few of these in their home, only better suited to Nerf, then sell them for less. Volunteers?

#23 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:09 PM

an NF is quite a bit thicker/taller than a G17/18/19. plus the glock holster isnt going to account for the underhanging light sight, and definitely wont fit the ammo holders.

#24 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:33 PM

Im pretty sure he means a chopped down modded NF.

#25 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:26 AM

hm...well try it, the only way to know is to try to cram one in the holster
personal note: i think the cut-down 'luger-esque' NF's are ugly as sin. give me a good rectangular, flat-fronted gun anyday. stronger, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users