Photo

Ridiculous Double Shot Mod Idea

Involves turning it into some kind of muskrat.

3 replies to this topic

#1 jjfeu662

jjfeu662

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

First: why did it take me 3 days to be not pink, and now I'm limited in my posts? I'm not sure if I agree with this forum's procedures. But it's the only nerf-modding site I know of so:

The Double Shot is a kinda useless thing. I had an idea to make it cooler, or more useless. Turning it into a musket.

> deactivate one of the barrels
> keep a shell in the top barrel (so you don't have to
> make it cock some other way instead of breaking it (maybe saw off the back and pull the string back like that)
> turn the bottom barrel into some kind of dart storage
> make it front-loading (by using a stick to push a dart into the shell thing)

I have no idea how to pull this off, and it might not even be worth it to. What do you think?

EDIT: the over-under kind.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

From the New Members Guide

DO NOT Post a concept thread. If you have a great idea, try it out yourself first and let us know how it goes. Unless you have something concrete to show us, keep it to yourself. (active build logs, work-in-progress threads etc all fall under this category)

You can take a look at the Modifications Directory if you want to know how other people mod their double shot. If you have a great idea, try it out. Take lots of photos, and if it works you can post a thread telling us all about it. If you get stuck and need help, again, take lots of photos and ask specific questions.

The answer to your question about the restrictions on new members can be found here.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 jjfeu662

jjfeu662

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

From the New Members Guide

You can take a look at the Modifications Directory if you want to know how other people mod their double shot. If you have a great idea, try it out. Take lots of photos, and if it works you can post a thread telling us all about it. If you get stuck and need help, again, take lots of photos and ask specific questions.

The answer to your question about the restrictions on new members can be found here.

Not so much a concept thread as a how the hell do I do it thread. I'll see what I can do by myself with basically no experience or materials, then get back to you.

#4 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

NerfHaven isn't really the place to say "Hey I was thinking about this and wouldn't it be cool if ... " Usually those threads end up going nowhere and just take up space. If you're super into idea pitching, ponies and old men check out NerfRevolution.com

If you are more of the self-study type, feel free to browse though the modifications directory and see if you can find already implemented ideas to help you get started, or just take a screwdriver to poke around until you figure it out.

Edited by Langley, 19 July 2013 - 07:03 PM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users