Holsters

Any Tips?

24 replies to this topic

#1 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:13 AM

I was just wondering how to make a good holster. I'd like to make one for my LnL and maybe one for my Switch Shots Super. Also been thinking about something for my PowerClip, a carrying strap or something.
Go Hokies!

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:27 AM

This has directions for a SplitFire holster, but it can be adapted to any nerf gun.
http://www.yakman.i8.com/sfholster.htm

#3 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:41 AM

Measure the dimensions of your gun. Cut out that much cardboard. Wrap that much cardboard in duct tape. If the fit is too loose, cut the cardboard and put it closer together. If the fit is too tight, cut the cardboard and spread it slightly apart. Repeat until snug size is reached. Cover cardboard in duct tape. Tape to ropes to tie to belt-notch or tape to belt, or wherever you wish, using duct tape liberally. Never failed me in the dozen or so I've made.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#4 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

Ever heard of a search??? There's aready topics about this.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#5 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:26 PM

Oh stfu NSF. Twas just a simple question.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#6 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:36 PM

Oh stfu NSF. Twas just a simple question.

good form! i've been waiting all 86 of his posts for that.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#7 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:47 PM

Now that's funny haha. ^_^

#8 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:47 PM

Sound conclusion: If we aren't allowed to bring back old topics and aren't allowed to post about something that's been talked about before, in a strict sense, then we can conclude from these two assumptions that we should never talk about holsters again. I would make some witty analogy to make this notion seem outrageous, if we hold to it strictly, but I think I've already conveyed my point, albeit without my usual pertness. *Takes off his Simpsons-comic-book-guy-tinted writer's glasses.*

#9 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:13 PM

My pet monkey tells me that she was asking for more specific holsters probably, not the generic one that you make by wrapping cardboard around it. Maybe she wants a fashion-holster to go along with her outfit. You know?

~ompa

#10 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:28 PM

More fashionable than cardboard and duct tape? Heresy.

Edited by reversedracula, 25 June 2004 - 06:28 PM.

#11 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:12 PM

My pet monkey tells me that she was asking for more specific holsters probably, not the generic one that you make by wrapping cardboard around it. Maybe she wants a fashion-holster to go along with her outfit. You know?

~ompa

Ha... not funny. I don't do that. One of my friends hates the fact that I like never match, I don't try to match.
Go Hokies!

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:37 PM

It's kinda depressing that I'm the only one who sees the irony in one of the few active female nerfers wondering how to make holsters.

VACC
~like any good jedi, more cryptic then useful~

#13 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:50 PM

If you do look around, there are several different ideas that can be used for holsters. One holster project that I am working on is a cloth-based holster, which will have a few belt straps on it so it can be harnessed practically any way I want, (Example, hip, belt, chest sling, etc.) Also, I was thinking about using magnets instead of velcro to attach the strap holding the gun in the holster. I have several other ideas floating around my head involving harnesses and stuff, and I recently bought one of those portable sewing machines to make my task easier. I just need to get off my ass and get things done, which will hopefully be this week.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#14 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:44 AM

It's kinda depressing that I'm the only one who sees the irony in one of the few active female nerfers wondering how to make holsters.

VACC

Well, seeing as I have been nerfing for around five years, I'm not a a n00bie as you're probably thinking. I've just never got around to making any holsters or anything, usually just stick whatever I can in pockets, cargo pants are good for that, you know.
Go Hokies!

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:03 PM

Well, seeing as I have been nerfing for around five years, I'm not a a n00bie as you're probably thinking. I've just never got around to making any holsters or anything, usually just stick whatever I can in pockets, cargo pants are good for that, you know.

Another ironic statement. In the past anyone who didn't get my reference would have been considered a noobie, but alas, those days are long gone and I was callying no one noob. You'll have to guess again.

VACC

#16 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:03 PM

As I belive Vacc himself will tell you, a trip to the local Army Surplus will be worth your while. You can get either a side or hip holster for certain sized handguns that will fit some Nerf Blasters, such as the Lock'n'Load, Nite Finder, Tech Target, ect. Also, they only cost 10-15, plus are both incredibly effective and durable.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#17 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:33 PM

That, or, you could use a sock. Fits just about every Nerf pistol, and, since several come in one bag, they can be replaced easily.

To me, the whole idea of using a holster seems kinda silly. I mean, GET SOME FRIGGIN' POCKETS! They work better.

...just stick whatever (you) can in pockets, cargo pants are good for that, you know.

I've only made two holsters. Used them both once, they were very pointless. I have yet to use them again.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#18 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:58 AM

Hey JT, there was a post on NHQ asking about you. Thought you might want to know. Weren't you around when NC and NO were still up, or am I mistaken?

I was thinking about creating a sling for my PC too, but I probably won't get around to it for a while, before I actually Nerf again for the first time in ::gasp:: 3 years...

I really want a decent tac holster (I think; they one that attaches to your theigh), and one for my under arm too. Wherever I find them cheap, I am going to get two (I have two LnLs). Later.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#19 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:48 PM

JT, Here is a simple method, go to Wal-Mart, or similar store and look for water bottle holders that have belt loops. Find one that looks like it will work and modify as needed. All you probably need to do is cut a hole in the bottom, and fill in some of the extra space to get a good fit, try spare fbr and duct tape.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#20 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:20 AM

That, or, you could use a sock. Fits just about every Nerf pistol, and, since several come in one bag, they can be replaced easily.

I'm. Still. Laughing.

Certainly feasible, but, oh-so hilarious. Heh. :(
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#21 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:49 PM

Obviously you haven't checked the holster that is under my and my bro's very unupdated site.

Go to Arsenal

Muchh better, you will be enlightened soon enough, taita.
Tyranny Response Team

#22 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:33 PM

I'm. Still. Laughing.

Certainly feasible, but, oh-so hilarious. Heh. :(

You laugh, but I've seen worse.

At least he's not suggesting electrical tape to attach it to your body.

Oh wait. Maybe I missed that part...
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#23 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:47 AM

I clicked on the Thirst link.

My eyes are soiled.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#24 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 08:43 AM

VACC

You sick fuck!

...hee hee hee.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#25 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 08:50 AM

I just looked at that picture, whoa, his hair is long now.
Tyranny Response Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users