Underbarrel Ammo Holder

Now up to 5 darts!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Lecic

Lecic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hi! I'm Lecic. I'd like to start out with the fact that you should never, ever, EVER, use hot glue to make things. Ever.
This is my first mod (and my first post here), so I hope you all enjoy this mod.
What I've done is taken an old Strikefire that no longer worked and cut out the little ammo holder. Then, I took its reverse tactical rail, and attached it to the top of this. I thought it would be done after this, but it felt incomplete. So I decided to give the thing a back end, like the tactical laser light. So I made a mold out of cardboard, and since this was the only thing I had to fill it, I used hot glue. This is the thing I was talking about in the beginning. So after many struggles and 12 glue sticks, I finally finished it and then attached it to the back of the ammo holder. I applied some duct tape, and I'd like to think its done. I think there is probably some tuning I could give it, but I'm pretty happy with it as my first mod.
Pictures-
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for the crappy pictures taken by my phone.
Currently rocking a Rough Cut 2x4 and a pistol-mode sonic green Recon cs-6 into battle.

#2 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Those reverse rails can be very useful. I used one to make a flashlight attachment for a crazy bright flashlight I have.

Edited by Azrael0987, 14 August 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#3 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

I think this idea has some potential for improvements, but I am questioning the usefulness of it being an under-barrel attachment for a Clip-System blaster. It might be better suited for something like the Barrel-Break or a Nitefinder.
I do reviews and mod guides, check them out here: https://www.youtube....jtOQo09ejo7bHnQ

#4 Lecic

Lecic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

I think this idea has some potential for improvements, but I am questioning the usefulness of it being an under-barrel attachment for a Clip-System blaster. It might be better suited for something like the Barrel-Break or a Nitefinder.

Yeah, but having extra ammo around is always nice, especially if you don't have a tactical vest to store clips in. And it's still more useful than a flashlight.
Currently rocking a Rough Cut 2x4 and a pistol-mode sonic green Recon cs-6 into battle.

#5 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, but having extra ammo around is always nice, especially if you don't have a tactical vest to store clips in. And it's still more useful than a flashlight.

The recon has a stock that carries an extra six dart clip, and so Im assuming that your attachment was meant to store extra ammo for your Roughcut? (Saw your sig.) If so, pretty cool for a first mod! :)
Please visit my youtube:
https://www.youtube....d61VYhVvhEfeqGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users