Photo

Best materials to build a shell for the nerf stryfe

I am asking for what would be one of the best materials.

3 replies to this topic

#1 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

I have plans to do an extensive stryfe modification my plans are to make a shell to make a stryfe go from this Posted Imageto this[.img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121117115426/halo/images/thumb/7/7d/H4_suppressor_trans.png/250px-H4_suppressor_trans.png[/img]
now what would be the best materials(in your opinions) to make a shell to put on the stryfe. I was thinking a type of foam being the on the bottom and epoxy putty on the top.
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 11 July 2013 - 12:17 AM.

Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#2 mr trouble

mr trouble

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

I would cover the stryfe in modeling clay and build the shape and details with the clay. Then I would build a mold using the clay model and plaster. Next up would be to cast a fiberglass shell inside the plaster mold and attach it to the stryfe.
The FNG
Mr. Trouble is never up to any good keep tabs on him by visiting HellionLabs.com

#3 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Don't make "what is best" or "tell me how to" threads.

Also the suggestion to use clay and fiberglass is a terrible one.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#4 MacZyver

MacZyver

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

LordGiritia,

A suggestion to make the process easier than using modeling clay and fibreglass would be to use a foam of some sort and carve out the suppressor with a cavity on the inside to fit your stryfe (don't forget to make a way for changing magazines/clips)

Here's a link to a build of the standalone prop but you could figure a way to integrate the blaster onto the design

If the link doesn't work for some reason just look up "halo 4 prop suppressor"

-MacZyver

Edited by MacZyver, 01 August 2013 - 12:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users