Replacement bbb spring?

Would a k26 work in a bbb?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Everything42

Everything42

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

I already have some k26s lying around and was wondering if I strengthened the catch etc. on my bbb if I could pop one in there without breaking the whole thing, anyone know? If not then what's the best spring for it?

#2 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Yes, the [k26] works great in a BBB. I've used them a few times and never had any problems with breakage. I didn't even bother with reinforcement. FYI, the [k25] is a little lighter and ends up about the same strength as the original purple BBB spring from the Hypersight line. All of the newer units are equipped with much weaker springs.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#3 T da B

T da B

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

The [k26] was almost made for the BBB! You will have to do couple of mods to get things reliable, however:

• Shave down the sides of the plunger rod
  • Put in a spring stop at the rear of the plunger tube. I shaved down a 9/16'' washer, like many have done before me
Optionally, you might want to think about replacing your plunger head, or at minimum reinforcing the plastic washer under the plunger head. A [k26] can really do some damage without proper reinforcement!

Hope this helps,
~T
Make it funky.

#4 Everything42

Everything42

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yes, the [k26] works great in a BBB. I've used them a few times and never had any problems with breakage. I didn't even bother with reinforcement. FYI, the [k25] is a little lighter and ends up about the same strength as the original purple BBB spring from the Hypersight line. All of the newer units are equipped with much weaker springs.

Sweet, thanks! I'll put one in it tomorrow with a little bit of strengthening just in case. I'd hate to have it crack in the middle of a fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users