The Rapidstrike CS-18, a Sneak Peak

15 replies to this topic

#1 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hey everyone,

I saw this video on the Orange Mod Works Facebook page. From the sounds of it, it's a flywheel blaster with a fully automatic dart pusher.
The rate of fire is absolutely ridiculous, and while I'm unsure if this particular one has been modified, I'm hoping that it isn't. Rapid Strike CS-18 Firing

Hope this isn't breaking any rules.

Jay

EDIT: The website is in Chinese but the video should play automatically.

Edited by Jaynerf176, 09 May 2013 - 09:02 AM.

I do reviews and mod guides, check them out here: https://www.youtube....jtOQo09ejo7bHnQ

#2 mangonerf

mangonerf

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

That one is definently modded because I have seen a different firing video where it has a ROF a little faster then a stampede. Also this has the same design as a nitron, I have seen people get 40 rounds in 4 seconds with nitrons. I think there are some people in britain that got one somehow.
"paintball shoots pain, airsoft shoots plastic and nerf shoots metal. I think you can tell which one is awesome."

#3 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Bobololo has gotten pretty impressive rates of fire with his Nitrons, in the videos that I've seen. If that's the case, then I'm really excited to see how far the Rapid Strike can be pushed.
I do reviews and mod guides, check them out here: https://www.youtube....jtOQo09ejo7bHnQ

#4 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

The thing with Bobololo's Nitron is that it needs literally 18 Trustfires to shoot that fast because of how the pusher motor was designed. We can only hope that isn't the case for the Rapidstrike.

#5 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

The thing with Bobololo's Nitron is that it needs literally 18 Trustfires to shoot that fast because of how the pusher motor was designed. We can only hope that isn't the case for the Rapidstrike.

That's the thing, on his Nitrons, there's a huge battery pack on the outside of the shell. For this, I could see no external power source.

#6 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

That one is definently modded because I have seen a different firing video where it has a ROF a little faster then a stampede.

You are correct. This has definitely been modified. Here is the video of the Rapid-strike firing stock.

#7 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

That's still a pretty impressive rate of fire. I'm willing to bet almost twice as fast as a stock Stampede.

#8 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Myself and Kevne managed to get both the centurion and the Rapidstrike on pre-order from eBay after a slight mix up with listings.

Edited by BritNerfMogul, 09 May 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#9 kevne

kevne

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Mogul is correct.

I was never really a fan of flywheels but this thing has already changed my mind. It looks amazing and I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on one. It'll be interesting to see how far you can push the internals. If we can tweak the same ROF out of it as BOOM did with the Nitron we'll be on to a winner although, we'll have to buy lots of 35 dart drums.

I guess we just have to wait and see whether mine and BritNerfMogul's deal comes through or not. I remain cautiously hopeful about the whole thing.

If we do get our blasters early, you guys will be the first to know.
BritNerf, the Queen's favourite Nerf Forum.

The UK's most popular Nerf Blog.

I also have a Website.

#10 Joe Espinoza

Joe Espinoza

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

That thing is NUTZ! Can't wait to get my hands in one of those. Think it's just a basic voltage increase?
The Road Underfoot Is Certian To Become The Road Behind.

#11 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

That thing is NUTZ! Can't wait to get my hands in one of those. Think it's just a basic voltage increase?

That seems to be the case, there are no other visible or obvious modifications that I noticed.

#12 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

If only they could come out at 6$ like the elite alpha trooper. (hope!!!)
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#13 mikejonas

mikejonas

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

If only they could come out at 6$ like the elite alpha trooper. (hope!!!)

I don't think that's going to happen. The EAT's price issue came as a result of 1) Target giving the EAT the same DCPI as the original AT (which I guess they felt was reasonable--they'd cleared out the stock and it was a store exclusive), and 2) Target not updating the price for that DCPI (which was set at the $6 clearance price for the old AT) before the EAT showed up in stockrooms, so that enthusiastic Nerfers in-the-know who could cajole someone into (unwittingly) breaking the street date got the EAT for the old AT's clearance price.

While the Rapidstrike is the successor of sorts to the Stampede, I doubt that the two will share the same product IDs in the stores where they will be sold.

#14 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

I could see picking one of these up if it was just a simple voltage mod to get it going that fast. Could use my 7.2v battery packs with it instead of the Stampede (which has had many annoying problems).

#15 Brickule

Brickule

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'm really looking forward to this gun. Mainly for the looks, it will look even better when it's painted up in the style of a phaser rifle.
My mind is like the internet. All the information is there, Google search just can't find it.

#16 TheLastVulcaneer

TheLastVulcaneer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I am impressed by the rapidstike, and I will be buying it as soon as it is released in the states. I thought I would throw this video out there for you guys. It is done very well, and shows the practical ranges outdoors: youtube.com/watch?v=JTi48O4SB0k stock ranges
youtube.com/watch?v=Dpwh5jxPyKg modded ranges
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Don't post in old threads without good reason. Don't spam links.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 17 June 2013 - 11:01 PM.

Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLastVulcaneer
Blog:http://thenerfviewpioint.wordpress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users