Photo

Apocalypse 2013

August 3rd, Oakhurst NJ

68 replies to this topic

Poll: Apocalypse 2013

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you attending Apoc? (click Null Vote if you're not attending)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Have you ever attended a nerf war hosted on NerfHaven? (Only answer if you plan to attend)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Pros:
Seeing some awesome people again, and meeting others for the first time. And hearing that the new people/first timers had a great time.
Winning Freeze tag 2 rounds in a row with the team Koree picked.
Watching Lucian repeatedly defrost Ted despite Ted's constant demand not to be unfrozen because I was in position to refreeze him instantly, with a 4B.
Winning the first round of VIP because Shoopy ran directly into our team.
Nothing of mine broke, for once.
Speed Rounds - Definitely my preferred game type forever almost.
Getting Jlego off the break in the 2v2.
Dodging PBZ's hopper of darts.
Hitting Art (Griever's friend) from about 300 feet away from the bunk with an ultra high angle shot from my 4B. My video shows me shooting but the camera angle is just a teeny weeny bit high when the dart hits him ;_;
Ted's expression when he got a pump action springer that works.
1v1 with Jlego.
American version of Slaughter (aka vets vs noobs).
No thunder/lightning.
No one smelled horribly...
Pretty good video, remembered to take tape off camera.
New barrel that shoots everything.
New +bow to go with barrel (Love you Roboman).
New tactical compression underarmour worked like magic and dried off instantly.
New tactical underwear worked the same.
Extra shoes/socks/shirt.
Chaos thought I was shirtless for 1/2 the war until we were on the same team.
Ohio crew.
Slightlysane got eliminated by a girl in a 2v2.
DX eliminated 2 girls and was shunned severely.
Didn't get shot by Koree! I think.
After 2 years I finally drove Koree to and from a war instead of vice versa. And we didn't get lost.
Group picture!
Jlego fixed my splitfire in 2 seconds.
Nerfing with Koree, Gears, DX, Jlego, Langley, TED, Chops, Sane, Chaos, Griever, Roboman, Xellah, Nicole, Kary(sp?), Mike, Chris, IcySushi, Numa, Shoopy, Bhajj/peach, Tommy, and even Lucian.
Never ran out of darts despite Koree using all the darts >:P
No bodily malfunctions this year.
I once again was the dart depot on the battlefield supplying both male and female, 2 eyes and 4 eyes, armed and armless.
All the conversations I had with people.
Ice pops.

Cons:
No shandsgator8/Redshot/blue arrow/Silent_rebel/Beaver/Zorn/Ryan/Ice9/Canadians
During 1v1 with Jlego my RSCB fell off, I still wonder if things would have been different otherwise.
Nicole got shot in the tooth during speed rounds
Didn't have a pump action blaster for speed rounds *cough*TED*cough*

Currently processing videos, will post when finished.

#52 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

I wish I could remember the context of half of those things.

some explanations for you that i remember...

- Cards against Humanity.
*needs no explanation.
- John Claude Van Damme in slow motion.
*i think this spawned from the above.
- My previously unknown love connection with Ted.
*... that was creepy how many times it worked.
- The sudden realization that I was waist deep in the ocean with only my boxers on, surrounded by other mostly naked men.
*we love you too, bro. and except for Langley, who kept his clothes on for the swim.
- "There's so much dick shadow."
*taking pictures around the beach campfire
- The Great Whitebeard and Portal Calves
*best nickname ive ever acquired!

I would also like to add my own favorite memory from the beach- looking across the harbor and talking like NY and Long Island was Europe and Africa.
Also, "Sea Water Beer"... played on Kyle and whoever he handed it to.

I remember a lot of fun and flying foam during the day, and one hell of a night following it (less remembering there). Massive thanks to the LGLF and Co. for letting us crash, and for the privilege of partying with them. Thanks to Xellah for letting me borrow primaries until I broke them all (no, seriously bro. you knew it was going to happen and let me use them anyway.) Also thanks to whichever of the three? four? site mods were in the room when i made the request for "Cap'n Whitebeard" official and went and added it as my title!

It was great to see some of you that I met at last year's Apoc and only talk to online. It was better weather than I think most of us were hoping for (afternoon anyway). No one got hurt. The cops didn't shut us down and were fully ok with us being there, doing what we were doing. I sold a few things. I bought nothing. Made some new friends.

Excellent once again. Looking forward to next year.
Cap'n Whitebeard signing off.

Edited by PBZ, 06 August 2013 - 03:05 PM.

"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#53 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Most of what I have to say has been said before, but one thing can't be over stated: This war would not have happened without Langely. We all owe him thanks for putting together a great war, as well as providing the extras, like the water and awesome bandanas.

+Actually nerfing. Its been too damn long.
+Demolishing the other team during the first set of freeze tag. Go Orange!
+Seeing Langely's dumbfounded face when I burst out of the trees with a full-auto stock nerf gun. Rapidstrike, Bitches!
+Phenominal arced shots during Freeze Tag from Numa. Turned the games around.
+Tommy the Bull - Don't underestimate this little dude. He'll tear you a new sphincter
+The one gun that broke was fixed mid-war. By me! Holy crap, I didn't expect that.
+Ug rocking my crossbow.

And of course, the biggest awesome part was afterwards. As per the usual, again, thanks to Langely for letting us demolish his wonderful abode, and for all the Ohioians/Sex Dwarfs/LGLF/Mongols/Asians that came by.

Hoo Rah.
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#54 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

+Seeing Langely's dumbfounded face when I burst out of the trees with a full-auto stock nerf gun. Rapidstrike, Bitches!

+Ug rocking my crossbow.

It's called a 'Snow Crash'

He takes after his (time travelling) dad.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#55 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Pros:
Didn't get shot by Koree! I think.

Well, i shot you once at least to thaw you in freeze tag, does that count? hehe.

To be honest I wasn't expecting that great of an apoc this year. I knew a lot of people who had attended in the past weren't coming and the weather wasn't going to be all that great. However, a lot of new faces were present and the weather didn't stop us from having a lot of fun. Additionally I felt like this years apoc was run very efficiently thanks to the efforts of Langley and others.

On a side note, I was really surprised by how many double rainbows were present. It's great to see that people have made blasters based on my design.

#56 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

When will we be seeing Ug's video footage of APOC?

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#57 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

I have a little bit of footage that I'll post. My dad recorded it with my iPhone 5 (landscape) so it's 1080p and additional footage with his iPhone 4s which should be the same. I want to put the footage together though first.
Gino

#58 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

[Warning this video is in 1080p ONLY so it may take a long time to load on slow internet connections]
LANGLEY EDIT: Please right click and save as with the links below.
Here's my footage:

First Round

American Slaughter aka Vets vs Noobs

Speed Rounds 1

Speed Rounds 2

Speed Rounds 3

Speed Rounds 4 [Warning it gets really loud when its DX/SlightlySane vs Nicole/Kary so turn your volume down] And I apologize for being obnoxious and annoying. I hate myself every time I watch that section.

Edited by Langley, 08 August 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#59 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Apoc for me is never a list of moments that all contribute to one positive experience, but a constant stream of good vibes and good times. It's truly one of my favorite weekends of the year, and I can't thank Langley enough for putting this together. I know I can be a turd sometimes, but I love you to bits (and butts) and you damn well know it.

I met some really cool new guys this year, and was able to make some good memories with those I previously hadn't. Xellah, I had a really good time talking HvZ with you, and I can't wait for the Ohio State Invitational. Dom and Wasko, I miss you guys already. Can't wait for the plethora of unsavory sexy photos I know you have on your cell to hit the web.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#60 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Group Photo
Just for the sake of getting an accurate headcount, Please let me know via this thread or PM if you attended the war but were not pictured in the group photo above. Also, if you remember the count we got during any of the rounds where we actually counted, that would help too. I think we topped out at around 50.

People not pictured:
One Man Clan
The Fred
Griever
Griever's friend
Tommy Da Bull
Heavyweight (Mods4Nerf)
Chaos
Dom
JWasko
Craftsman
DX

Edit:

Apoc for me is never a list of moments that all contribute to one positive experience, but a constant stream of good vibes and good times. It's truly one of my favorite weekends of the year, and I can't thank Langley enough for putting this together. I know I can be a turd sometimes, but I love you to bits (and butts) and you damn well know it.

I met some really cool new guys this year, and was able to make some good memories with those I previously hadn't. Xellah, I had a really good time talking HvZ with you, and I can't wait for the Ohio State Invitational. Dom and Wasko, I miss you guys already. Can't wait for the plethora of unsavory sexy photos I know you have on your cell to hit the web.

Word. You know I can't stay mad at you, despite your Benedict Arnold shenanigans.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#61 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

I thought it was ok.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#62 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Group Photo
Just for the sake of getting an accurate headcount, Please let me know via this thread or PM if you attended the war but were not pictured in the group photo above.

I'm pretty sure both JWasko and I were back at the car when this was taken, so tack us on.

Dom and Wasko, I miss you guys already. Can't wait for the plethora of unsavory sexy photos I know you have on your cell to hit the web.

You're going to want to download them to your 'Nickleback' folder, for sure.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#63 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

I was not pictured in the group photo.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#64 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just a small thing I put together. Most of it is war footage but I do have an intro for other people who see it.

Gino

#65 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

I only jumped into the last picture in that set, which I think was on someone else' camera.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#66 Craftsman

Craftsman

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

I had to leave early, and was not in the picture, so count my head as well. Also, I had a great time as always. Thanks to all that made the war as successful as it was.

Man keep finger on trigger receive painful finger bang!

Olde School Tacticool

All hail #YOLOStock!

I have taken a "break" from the hobby, but if you have anything crazy hit me up. I'm always interested in a challenge. Currently designing a nerf vehicle among other things.

#67 The Ugster

The Ugster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Howdy all! Just wanted to check in and let you know that I'll be working on a compilation of footage of this event. Not gonna be 'that guy' and complain about being busy, or give myself an unachievable deadline with which to disappoint everyone. I'll hopefully get it together in the next few weeks. Also, I'd like to ask everyone for permission to use the footage they've posted in this thread thusfar. That is all. Thanks to everyone who didn't shoot me, and a hearty middle finger to those that did! :P

-Ug

#68 Donquixote

Donquixote

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Well, sorry for shooting at moving objects! Jeez. It's like I'm supposed to pay attention to team colors and that crap.

P.S. I also shot Deadshooter.

#69 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

and a hearty middle finger to those that did! :P

Hey... that is the risk you take in battle... also, I'm really sorry, any shots from me I swear were all accidental.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users