Photo

Apocalypse 2013

August 3rd, Oakhurst NJ

68 replies to this topic

Poll: Apocalypse 2013

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you attending Apoc? (click Null Vote if you're not attending)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Have you ever attended a nerf war hosted on NerfHaven? (Only answer if you plan to attend)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Date: Saturday August 3rd, 2013
Time: Arrive by 9:30. Leave yourself plenty of time to find parking and walk to the staging area.
Location: Deal Test Site (Joe Palaia Park) in Ocean Township, New Jersey.

YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
-Be 13 years of age or older. If you're not old enough for this site, you're not old enough for this war.
-Familiarize yourself with the rules and schedule
-Show up on time
-Attend the orientation if this is your first Apoc. Orientation will be held at 9:30, try to arrive by 9:15.
-Be familiar with dart/blaster restrictions
-Bring Protective Eyewear. Everyone is required to wear eye protection. Goggles or safety glasses which are rated for impact are strongly recommended. Masks of any sort are discouraged (This isn't Canada, no one is aiming for your face).
-Bring your own darts and blaster. Assume you will need around twice as many darts as usual, and/or be prepared to sit out a round just for dart sweeps. Bring a backup blaster. Don't expect anyone to wait for you to fix your gun to start the next round.
-Lunch is your own responsibility. There will not be enough time to leave for lunch. I suggest you bring a packed lunch and eat on the field. If you leave for lunch you *will* miss one or more rounds.
-Bring Water. It will be extremely hot and humid. A minimum of 2 liters of water/Gatorade is recommended (many people bring at least a gallon). There is nowhere to get water on the field.
-Bring Hat/Sunscreen/Sunglasses. It will be hotter than satan's taint, and there is not much shade at the park. Bring sun protection or you will burn.
-Follow the instructions of the hosts and field supervisors. Certain people will be designated as field supervisors and will be helping us run rounds. Listen to what they say. Our authority as hosts and admins extends to them for the purposes of this war.
-Clean up after yourself. Flagging tape, bottles, etc must be removed from the park.

DART RESTRICTIONS
All darts must be made using a 1/2" diameter 1/8" thick adhesive-backed felt bumper from McMaster-Carr, part#8771K12. Darts may only be weighted using a single #8 or #6 washer, which must be entirely covered by the felt bumper. Unmodified stock darts are also permitted. See this thread for more details Contact me via PM if you have any difficulty purchasing the McMaster materials.

BLASTER RESTRICTIONS
Banned blasters include (but may not be limited to):
Titans and anything with a titan tank in it (unless you are firing stock rockets, Drac's rockets, or if you are firing darts out of seven or more barrels simultaneously)
Sceptors (I don't care if you took off the tank, or if it is stock, etc. The answer is no)
Homemade Airguns (includes anything with a pump/valve that isn't made by hasbro/lanard/buzzbee such as those drain cleaners)
Guns with plugged pumps that were designed to shoot anything larger than a mega dart. (LBB/BBBB, Signal Launchers, UMBs etc.) Relocated pumps must include a stock OPRV and must have comparable range and performance to the same blaster with a stock pump.
Super Soakers
Melee weapons/swords
Shields (hits to any shield-like items you may be carrying will still count as a hit)

If you are not sure about a blaster, leave it at home. If you want to be the guy at apoc who's gun shoots farther than everyone else's, *you* should stay home.

ROUND SCHEDULE
The round schedule will be done on-the-fly by the Round Enforcers. The day will be blocked out in 1-hour periods, and the Enforcer for that period will be running the show. Be ready to leave the staging area for an hour at a time, bringing everything you need with you including water and ammo. Round Enforcers include myself, TED, Koree, Andtheherois, Sublime Dom, JWasko, Gears, Muttonchops, and JLego. We will be playing a variety of gametypes including a lot of Deathmatch (3-15), Minnesota VIP, some Carpe, a variety of speed rounds to fill in down-time, at least a round of Freeze Tag, possibly some Gunslinger Heaven, and maybe some clan wars. See the List of Gametypes thread for rules.

MAP
Note the alternate parking areas, marked with blue 'P's, and the NEW Staging area, marked in Green. Fields are marked in Yellow.

View this map with a detailed legend in a larger window.

PRE-WAR
DONE

GOOGLE MAPS/GPS INFO:
40°15'21.85"N 74° 1'25.08"W
40.256069, -74.023633

271 Whalepond Rd.
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
(if you don't specify the town it will take you to the wrong 271 Whalepond)

Deal Rd & Whalepond Rd
Oakhurst, NJ 07755

My best advice is to use a GPS or Google Maps to navigate to one of the coordinates, address, or intersection above. Depending on what direction you're coming from, you'll either end up on W Park Ave, or Deal Rd.

If you are driving on W Park Ave, you turn right at the light on to Whalepond Rd and make a right into the third park entrance. Parking on right. If you end up at another traffic light, you missed it. Turn around and follow the directions below.

If you are driving on Deal Rd, you turn left on to Whalepond Rd at the light and make a left into the first park entrance. Parking on right. If you end up at another traffic light, you missed it. Turn around and follow the directions above.

CANCELLATION POLICY/RAIN DATE
Short answer - there isn't one. http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=332397

Subscribe to the NerfHaven.com twitter account and have notifications send to your phone via text if you don't have a smart phone. Any emergency notifications that go out on the day of the war will be posted to the twitter account as well as this thread. I will also be available via the LGLF hotline at (732) 903-5453 (732-903-LGLF) on the day of the war. I doubt any of this will be necessary and you should assume that Apoc will proceed as planned.

TIPS FOR THE WAR
Dealing with the heat
What to bring, and what not to bring
Rules and etiquette

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

I think you mean Saturday Aug 3rd, Phil. I will be in attendance at least for a couple hours in the morning. I am doing the Warrior Dash the same day in north jersey. I need to keep the streak alive though. Only Vaccine and I have been to EVERY SINGLE APOC, and I don't intend to let the streak die any time soon.

PS, I still hate all of you.

Smoochies.
I hate you.

#3 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Oh hell yes. I am there and so is my friend Charlie (he came last year) and my friend Arthur (will be his first APOC but not his first war.)

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#4 bhajj94

bhajj94

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Yes, been waiting for this to be announced for so long!
Probably lurking somewhere...

#5 lawn mower

lawn mower

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

I'll probably be there

#6 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

I will be there!
Xellah, Ranger Dave, and Your Muse will be coming out from Ohio (tentatively).

Edited by PBZ, 26 July 2013 - 10:31 PM.

"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#7 thedoubledeeze

thedoubledeeze

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

I live across the street of Joe Palaia Park but I cant go because i have no powerful enough blasters....

#8 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

I live across the street of Joe Palaia Park but I cant go because i have no powerful enough blasters....

decently modded nite finders do the trick, or pick up the parts for a pumpsnap.

Edited by PBZ, 26 July 2013 - 10:33 PM.

"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#9 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

I played 7 rounds last year with just a lightly modded nite finder I modded 5 minutes before I left to go at 4:30 in the morning. I had more fun than I have ever had before in my entire life. Do some small mod to a longshot, 3B, or something. Shoot for 90ft and if you fire on an angle you'll do fine.
Gino

#10 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

A blow gun would be more effective then any new nerf gun.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#11 The Nerfaholic

The Nerfaholic

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

It should be slow enough at work for me to get off, so count me in.
Roses are red, And violets are blue. One day we'll cruise down Blood Gulch avenue.

#12 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

Let's go. I will be there fo'sho.

Can I request a clan round please. PA POWER representing.

PA POWER: "Is that all ya got LGLF?"
LGLF: "Nope, we have Hero, Koree, and VACC."

Edited by Shoopy, 29 June 2013 - 10:10 AM.

You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#13 Siriuslyharry

Siriuslyharry

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

I will very likely be attending with my cohorts from New England, zx532, kidame tomanaka and uranium234.

We are in the process of creating a clan name for ourselves so for now,

TBA representing!

#14 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Let's go. I will be there fo'sho.

Can I request a clan round please. PA POWER representing.

PA POWER: "Is that all ya got LGLF?"
LGLF: "Nope, we have Hero, Koree, and VACC."

The Magenta Mongols will also be in attendance.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#15 The Fred

The Fred

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

Though I can be injury-prone... I plan to be there. Looking forward to it.

#16 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm planning on being there.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#17 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Its expected, but yeah, I'll be in attendance.
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#18 shower thing

shower thing

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

I've never been to a war, is their like a guide on ettiqute and stuff? Also, should I pack a vanilla blaster? And is it allright to bring a shotgun'd bbbb? It's got 6 shots.

#19 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'm coming and my sister might be playing too.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#20 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

I've never been to a war, is their like a guide on ettiqute and stuff? Also, should I pack a vanilla blaster? And is it allright to bring a shotgun'd bbbb? It's got 6 shots.

It's a good idea to come to the APOC Pre-war. This way you can get a decent understanding of how wars work. They are held in the New Brunswick area which is about 45min away from where Apoc is held.

As for attendance, I will definitely be there.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#21 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

I can't believe it has been two years since I have been on the forums. I will possibly be attending.
NERFSTRONG#114

#22 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'll definitely be there if it's a FADDLE BATTLE!

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#23 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

My money and vehicle situation is too grim right now to make an appearance. I miss this, I hope you guys have fun and stay safe.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#24 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

The Pre-War is less than two weeks away. If you're from the area and you've never been to an NIC/NerfHaven war before, you have no excuses. Come to the prewar.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#25 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hey. what will be Bad Weather Contingency. Depending on who you ask, weather.com is giving us a playable day and 6ABC is screwing us.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users