The fucker broke!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:38 AM

Alright, it's no secret that when it come to modifing things, I really just don't give a crap and want it to be done with, but in my haste I fucked up my gun. Ok, here's what happened, and if I can't make it clear I'll take a few pictures. So I got the center peice out and start tugging at the barrels. No dice. Bitches won't budge. So I go get my handy dandy hack saw, whack away at the first barrel, and after sawing half way through it, the barrel came right out. A success! So I did it to the other five, and afterward found I had cracked a few barrels off. So what I have left is a stub with a ID way to small to fit the new barrels in.

I have two idea, one of my own, one suggestion I got.

The suggestion first....dremel out part, pull the rest out with a pair of plyers. I don't think this will work. The two peices look just about bound toghether.

My idea, get a huge drill bit and drill the stub hole bigger. this makes me nervouse, cause I could just destroy the damn gun.

Any suggestions?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:58 AM

Just drill them out. That's what I did, even though I don't use them anymore. I singled my AT3K. That way it doesn't click every time you pump it.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:30 AM

I'm a fan of the Dremmel with plyers follow-up. If you press hard in a circular, outward fashion from inside the barrel, you should be able to wear down the sides of the stub that's stuck in side and elongate it slightly. After this, get a small wedge that tapers to a point, something between a very small screwdriver head and an awl and jam it in there with brute force and sort of lever it so it toward the center so it can be grabbed with plyers. Be careful not to stab yourself. Not that I'd know anything about that... ahem... Then you should be able to work in the plyers. That's what I did with my AT4k and it made all the barrel holes pretty clean. Shoved in crayolas with goop and it worked fine. You can of course usse PETG or whatever else too. Wrap it in duct tape after it cures and you're done. On a specific note for the AT3k, I didn't care to keep that orange thing to have straight barrels perfectly, partially because I'm lazy (or broke the piece, take your pick.) I've found that a 2 inch section of 1/2" PVC in the center serves the same purpose with a bit of hot glue. Good luck.

Edited by reversedracula, 24 June 2004 - 11:57 AM.

NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:30 AM

I'd go with reverse. I did the exact same thing to mine, and it worked just fine. Just dremel and pliers, and alot of patience.

~ompa

#5 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:30 PM

I almost did that on mine. I figured it out before it was too late. I'd dremel a small cut in the side of a stub and use a flat head screw drider to get it out.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:14 PM

Any suggestions?

My idea, get a huge drill bit and drill the stub hole bigger. this makes me nervouse, cause I could just destroy the damn gun.

'tworks.

THIRST
ko

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:18 AM

Saw again, 3/16" closer to the gun and you'll be behind the 'double barrel' section entirely.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:22 AM

Thank you very much CX.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users