Photo

Nerf Rayven shoulder cannon mod?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Arvex

Arvex

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

If my interpretation of the rules are correct, the "Modifications" board is for already finished projects, so I would assume this is where I bring discussion threads for ideas like this. If I am wrong, could this topic be moved to the appropriate area?

Anyways, I'm working on a set of ideas that will allow someone to carry several electric Nerf blasters at a time. Reloading won't be fun, but the amount of darts flying around mean no one will be around to see you reload.

The first idea I'm going to work on is a shoulder mounted blaster. The idea is to take a Nerf Rayven, turn it upside down and attach it to a some kind of adjustable clamp to make it a shoulder mounted weapon. From there, remove the trigger and replace it with a motorized remote trigger that could be activated at the hand while holding another Nerf blaster. The wiring would run down the mounting clamp, across the back and down the arm to a glove that would have a pair of metal contacts to complete the circuit on that motor.

The shoulder mount would be adjustable and sturdy enough that it not flail around while walking and, optimistically, running or dodging fire. This would serve to allow you to set its firing position by grabbing the top handle of the Rayven (now at the bottom) and have it stay where you left it so you can fire it while firing another blaster in your hands. Or you can keep your grip on the handle to aim it more carefully. I was also thinking of building a narrow window LED (probably a 2 degree lens) into the Rayven to give it a targeting light without putting an actual laser pointer in and potentially damaging people's eyes.

My plans regarding the shoulder mount are to find something that I can attach to piece of sheet plastic that will become a piece of armor on the back. I've looked at one idea so far, but I'm not sure how stable and adjustable these are I only saw them on the way out of Home Depot.
http://www.homedepot...009-4/203950385

The Rayven was planned to be cut down a little so the real trigger and grip wouldn't be there since they would no longer serve a purpose.

I figured I would post here to see if anyone else has thought about this before and could share their thoughts on it.

#2 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

No, idea threads in general are extremely erotic. If you desperately want to post and discuss an idea, then join NRev, which has a dedicated idea thread.

#3 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

No, idea threads in general are extremely erotic.

And no one likes an erotic thread.

There are a number of things wrong with this idea for any sort of practical Nerf (or even HvZ / other pattycake). The first one I can come up with is that you want to mount a Nerf blaster to your shoulder.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users