more from the air tank guy

3 replies to this topic

#1 jediaelthewise

jediaelthewise

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • State:Maine

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hello again, Jediael here. Wanted to share with you all my next pet project. I wanted to work on cutting down a stampede for HvZ and had the crazy idea of trying to put my two favorite full autos together in a non-permanent integration where i could still use them separately, in a tactical manner if possible.

What I came up with was this.
Posted Image

Stampede has 8 AA's replacement soldered inside.
Posted Image

Third handgun for the rail on the opposite side.
Posted Image

So as you probably would guess, its not 100% clamped down since it is just an accessory rail. It is more to help it keep in place and endure some running and jarring but extreme jarring will make the gun fall off. For my purposes though, it works perfectly since I can reload with it attached but still separate it in a pinch if I need to.

Video of it in action. Sorry in advanced for lackluster audio, didn't come out well there but you get the idea.

Question: I am looking to make the attachment a little bit more stable without making it permanently attached. Any suggestions?

Edited by jediaelthewise, 10 June 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#2 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Question: I am looking to make the attachment a little bit more stable without making it permanently attached. Any suggestions?

You might look into a Weaver or Picatinny rail. Something attached to one of those can't slide off, whereas Nerf tactical rail accessories will.

#3 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,275 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

If you don't mind the cosmetics, industrial mushroom-head strips (like velcro but without the fabric; 3m command strips are like this) would work well.

http://www.mcmaster....-loop-fasteners
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#4 jediaelthewise

jediaelthewise

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • State:Maine

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Alright, I came up with a solution. The issue with using these rails is that there is a lot of give in them so it wobbles because it has more flex than it needs to attach to the rail.

Posted Image

What I did was insert a temporary rail into the attachment and filled in the extra gap snuggly with epoxy putty so it only had enough give to fit firmly onto the rail.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Now it is just wide enough to slide firmly on the rail but not wobble.

I also used some paracord again and neatly tied on a back on the back end to hold clips for my magstrike, picked up darts and whatever else.

Posted Image

Here is the entire build together now

Posted Image
Posted Image

It does have a bit of weight to it now but with the shoulder strap it transfer some of that to my shoulders and everything is solid so I can let it hang off my shoulder strap and it all stays together very nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users