Australian War Footage | Deathbynature

video thread

6 replies to this topic

#1 Deathbynature

Deathbynature

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

Heyllote, I'm a nerfer and a part time professional videographer currently filming Wars and HvZ events in Melbourne, Australia.

In this video is Melbourne Nerf Group playing a Defend the Core gametype allowing high end mods and homemades.
If you have seen part 2 of Makeitgo's Octo-shot Tutorial he mentions the bath plug plungerhead was suggested by A.J. The guy with the orange shirt and the 24 dart turret magazine Octo-shot, that's A.J. (aka Silent Scope).

sidenote: It was suggested in "Site-Feedback" I could start this thread in "Off-Topic" or "Nerf Wars", though I made this account in Step 2011 however it appears I'm still a FNG for lack of activity and I can't start topics in the Off-Topic sub-forum yet.

#2 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

What camera setup did you use to stabilize your filming? It seemed very stable: it was remarkably calm while you were running.

#3 Deathbynature

Deathbynature

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

What camera setup did you use to stabilize your filming? It seemed very stable: it was remarkably calm while you were running.

Canon 600D(T3i) with a Rokinon 14mm lens on a DIY handle. It took about 5 hours to warp stabilize at 8% smoothness it in After Effect and another 6 to export with colour grading. I tent to boost colour saturation of the darts so they stand out more.
After this event I bought a GlideGear stabilizer rig which future videos are filmed with.

#4 Deathbynature

Deathbynature

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Long over due war footage filmed with a Glide Gear SYL-3000 glide cam at Melbourne Nerf Wars.
Featuring a BBUMBstrike,
a BBUMB prototype with a clip fed pvc breech.
And a 12 dart inline rscb, 14kg spring Quadshot.
Enjoy.

#5 He Who Mods

He Who Mods

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Do you mind if I possibly use some of your footage (with credit of course) in the new joint youtube channel for the NIC? It might be featured in an episode. By the way, you did a great job with the videos, really stable and sharp.

Edited by He Who Mods, 25 March 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#6 Deathbynature

Deathbynature

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

My first First Person View video:
Experimenting with both a wide angle Headcam and a zoomed BlasterCam recording at 60fps for a Slowmo videogame effect.
Rocking a borrowed Stampede with basic mods.
Posted Image

#7 Deathbynature

Deathbynature

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

POPULAR

Nerf Stampeding | FPS Nerfwar
Youtube Link:

Back after 7 months. Lost internet access for 6 weeks then my editing PC died. Moved house recently and finally have access to a PC to edit again.
Working on the format. Trying to minimize down time and keep the video's "energy" level up and entertaining with some banter.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users