Photo

18-Round Dart Clip

8 replies to this topic

#1 nerfern

nerfern

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

I wish they made these things maybe 1/4" longer. The 18th dart is much harder to get in than the 12th dart is on the 12-round clips, and I'm worried even just the act of inserting that last dart is deforming and reducing its longevity.

#2 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

I wish they made these things maybe 1/4" longer. The 18th dart is much harder to get in than the 12th dart is on the 12-round clips, and I'm worried even just the act of inserting that last dart is deforming and reducing its longevity.

I trimmed some if the internal spring on my sons. But not very much

#3 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

You'll probably loose your darts before they are destroyed from such an act. You will always chamber a round on the first mag, and most people shoot dry instead of "tactically reloading" in a game situation.

You could always take a small drill bit and destroy the tabs that keep the follower from going all the way down. That's my preferred method, and now my 18's are 20's.

#4 nerfern

nerfern

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

You could always take a small drill bit and destroy the tabs that keep the follower from going all the way down. That's my preferred method, and now my 18's are 20's.

Thanks, I forgot that there were tabs in there. So yeah, too bad they didn't put them just a bit lower, but I'll consider doing that (but would probably continue to only fill it with 18... probably). I assume you took the clip apart to do this?

#5 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thanks, I forgot that there were tabs in there. So yeah, too bad they didn't put them just a bit lower, but I'll consider doing that (but would probably continue to only fill it with 18... probably). I assume you took the clip apart to do this?

Ahem, I did take apart the mag, destroying the tabs that hold the whole thing together in the process, so I had to E-putty it back together. I later came up with the idea after seeing the follower stopping tabs through the clear side of the mag. So, just take a small drill bit and with the mag unloaded and completely together, just drill through the plastic stopper tabs on both sides of the mag, and you will be done. This way, you won't even have to open up the mag, but it won't be as aesthetically clean as if you had perfectly opened up the mag without destroying it and filing down the tabs from the inside.

#6 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Sowwy, double post.

Edited by Exo, 06 June 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#7 LockeWatts

LockeWatts

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

How do you go about taking apart the mag? Removing all the screws doesn't separate the sides, so is it even possible without cutting?

#8 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

How do you go about taking apart the mag? Removing all the screws doesn't separate the sides, so is it even possible without cutting?

Look at it. See those tabs that are glued together at the top of the mag? You have to un-glue them. Or you can be lazy and cut them apart, but after that, the feedlips will be iffy.

Why the fuck am I even explaining this? Look it up, for chrissakes.

Edited by Exo, 07 June 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#9 LockeWatts

LockeWatts

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Why the fuck am I even explaining this? Look it up, for chrissakes.

No need to be a dick about it, dude. Not everyone knows where to go look these things up. If you didn't want to explain, don't post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users