27 replies to this topic

#1 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Columbus War!

This is the last chance I get to play nurf guns in Ohio with NerfHaven guys. I know it's short notice, but I want to get one last foam flinging session in prior to moving south. Hopefully we can get a decent turn out on such short notice.

When:
June 29, 2013
Show up at 9:45am. Games will start around 10:00am. We’ll probably end around 3-5pm depending on people's exhaustion.

Where:
Whetstone Park of Roses
3923 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43214

Google Maps Link

- Go in the entrance and follow the road down the slope and over a number of speed bumps. Then, when the road splits after the small bridge, turn left. Since it will be Saturday morning, there will probably be quite a few cars parked along the sides of the road. We will play somewhere in the left side grass area.

Rules:
- No participants under the age of 13.
- Eye protection is mandatory for participants under the age of 18.
- Air blasters that originally fire a projectile larger than a mega dart must have their over pressure valves unmodified.
- No shields will be allowed.
- Do not use any blasters painted all black. If you have a dark blaster, please avoid wearing camouflage clothing or too much tacti-cool gear.
- Blasters will only be banned due to safety/power issues, not because it dominates.
- Hosts will have final say on all blaster bans.

Dart Rules:
We are allowing hot glue tips and felt tips for this war. These rules may be more annoying to understand, but we want more people that come to use stefans because stock dart wars are retarded.

These dart rules are revolving around safety, not range. Our idea is to standardize the “pain” level and let people use anything they want within these perimeters. Someone will eventually find a loophole or a way around these written rules. Please note: it’s not fucking cute to do this - we’ll still just ask you to leave and never come back.

Stock darts, missiles, discs or anything else like that are allowed, obviously.

Felt pad darts:
- Weights are limited to ¼” slingshot weights or lighter. This means ¼” slingshot weights are allowed under a felt pad.
- Felt pads must be approximately the same width as McMaster felt pads. This is only super important is you’re using heavy, hard weights. We don’t want a thin pad over a metal slingshot weight; that would hurt.
- If you kiss the felt to a flame to prevent fraying, please limit the amount you burn off in order to keep it soft.

Hot Glue Domes:
- Weights are limited to two (2) copper BB’s or lighter. I can’t accurately weigh these, so just don’t be a bitch and use super heavy weights with hot glue domes.
- ¼” slingshot weights with hot glue tips are BANNED.
- Hot glue must fully cover the weight - you cannot have exposed metal.
- You may not use washers in conjunction with hot glue. This causes exposed metal.

Tl;dr - Don’t be a douche bag, yo.

Game Types:
- Meat Grinder
- 3:15
- Defend the Core (DtC)
- Blob
- Ohio Wingman

Other Information:
- Bring a bagged lunch or money to get lunch during a designated break. We usually break around noon for an hour to eat at a nearby Wendy's (Columbus tradition)
- Be sure to bring enough darts to support yourself and your guests for the whole day
- Remember to bring water
- Are you new to NIC or Columbus Nerf? Check out our definitions of certain game types and other stuff that will help you when you arrive: http://pastebin.com/F8xELVyT - This is posted on an external site in order to reduce clutter. This thread is already supah long.

Definite:
- Coop
- Xellah
- Kid Flash
- BrokenSVT + 1-2
- Prince Valor + 1-2

Maybe:
- Ezio Nerf + 1
- Archangel24 + 1
- Paze
- LinkMT +1

Edited by Coop, 12 June 2013 - 06:54 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#2 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Mark me down as Maybe.

Also, is a shotgun coupled Titan allowed? it has 4 barrels and has the stock OPRV intact.
Got Tools?

#3 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Myself +1
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#4 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Also, is a shotgun coupled Titan allowed? it has 4 barrels and has the stock OPRV intact.

Yes, that is allowed. Titans are banned if they are able to fire less than 3 darts simultaneously such as the old "I promise to load more than 3 darts into my single barrel." 4 barrels is fine.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#5 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

I am sorry to say that I have to change the date of the war. My flight was changed without notice and I'm unable to play on the 22nd. The war is now the 29th of June. The war date will not be modified again.

Twitch, I know this means you can't make it. This is the last date I have open to play nurf guns and would like to fling more foam prior to moving.

#6 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

You know I'll be there, baby. P.O.O.N. represent:

Posted Image
Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#7 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

I am sorry to say that I have to change the date of the war. My flight was changed without notice and I'm unable to play on the 22nd. The war is now the 29th of June. The war date will not be modified again.

Damn, I cant make it now. The 22nd was right in between two trips I have planned. Sry :(
Got Tools?

#8 Ezio Nerf

Ezio Nerf

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Maybe.

#9 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

It'd be over 3 hours to get there but we want to so maybe +1.
QUOTE(Talio @ Oct 14 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

I would much perfer a game that's free of KY. I like it rough. Right, Vacc?

"She went all Ghetto Fab on you."

#10 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Twitch, I know this means you can't make it. This is the last date I have open to play nurf guns and would like to fling more foam prior to moving.

Son, I am disappoint.
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#11 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

would an overhauled 3K with a magstrike pump be a problem?

#12 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

would an overhauled 3K with a magstrike pump be a problem?

No, a 3K will be fine. Unless by overhauled you mean tank expanded so it shoots like a Titan, heh.

#13 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

No, a 3K will be fine. Unless by overhauled you mean tank expanded so it shoots like a Titan, heh.

Just the standard shit, couldn't find a hornet pump so a magstrike pump had to do. Sadly enough fitzy would actually go that far with a 3k if given the idea, n00bs are so fun. We most likely will make it up to the war considering how schedules have been panning out.

#14 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Count me as a maybe+1-2? for this one
QUOTE(Mr BadWrench @ Apr 18 2010, 05:44 AM) View Post
quote of the year

Camo: OUCH, WHAT WAS THAT!?
Prince Valor: That, Was a HIT!!
IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#15 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

As some people know I'm moving and this will be my last Nerf war in Ohio. I've cleaned out my apartment and have some Nerf stuff I'll be selling. Whatever doesn't sell by our lunch break will be rewards for silly actions or great shots throughout the day. Nothing I'll be giving away is of significant value - just bags of stock darts, a few magazines, and two Vortex guns.

Count me as a maybe+1-2? for this one

Glad to see you didn't quit!

#16 Paze

Paze

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Add me as maybe. Coop could i bring a overhauled SM1500? And can i buy some of your blasters at the war?

#17 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Add me as maybe. Coop could i bring a overhauled SM1500? And can i buy some of your blasters at the war?

Assuming you didn't expand the tank, there isn't much you can do to a SM1500 to make it bannable. We only ban dick guns like plugged Big Blasts or any singled Titans.

I will have some blasters for sale at the war but the NIC community isn't my target market and don't really want to have a trunk full of those blasters. Also, I won't hold anything without full payment since I'd rather sell it long before this war.

#18 Paze

Paze

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Alright then, My SM1500 is not expanded btw

#19 Paze

Paze

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Could I hitch a ride with someone? I can come but i need a ride there. I live in the Cincinnati area for FYI.

#20 LinkMT

LinkMT

• Banned
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Man do I want to make it, but I'd have to see... put me down as a maybe +1.
JACK OFF TOEFUCK REVEREND ASS CHUNK

#21 Ezio Nerf

Ezio Nerf

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Update mine to +1 maybe.

#22 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Nope didn't quit just had to work all Nerf weekends.....
Update me to a definite +1-2??
I also need to shrink my collection so I'll have plenty of things for sale and real cheap.
quote of the year

IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#23 ScrApS711

ScrApS711

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Nope didn't quit just had to work all Nerf weekends.....
Update me to a definite +1-2??
I also need to shrink my collection so I'll have plenty of things for sale and real cheap.

You want to get rid of one of your modified B and A's?

#24 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

You want to get rid of one of your modified B and A's?

As much as I don't want to I may let one or two go if the price is right.
quote of the year

IRC

#25 chop

chop

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I unfortunately won't be able to make this, due to prior arrangements... I do however wanted to say Coop it has been a pleasure nerfing with and against you for the past couple years you will be missed here in Ohio and if your ever in the Cincy area Don't be a stranger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users