This is the last chance I get to play nurf guns in Ohio with NerfHaven guys. I know it's short notice, but I want to get one last foam flinging session in prior to moving south. Hopefully we can get a decent turn out on such short notice.
June 29, 2013
Show up at 9:45am. Games will start around 10:00am. We’ll probably end around 3-5pm depending on people's exhaustion.
Whetstone Park of Roses
3923 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43214
Google Maps Link
- Go in the entrance and follow the road down the slope and over a number of speed bumps. Then, when the road splits after the small bridge, turn left. Since it will be Saturday morning, there will probably be quite a few cars parked along the sides of the road. We will play somewhere in the left side grass area.
- No participants under the age of 13.
- Eye protection is mandatory for participants under the age of 18.
- Air blasters that originally fire a projectile larger than a mega dart must have their over pressure valves unmodified.
- No shields will be allowed.
- Do not use any blasters painted all black. If you have a dark blaster, please avoid wearing camouflage clothing or too much tacti-cool gear.
- Blasters will only be banned due to safety/power issues, not because it dominates.
- Hosts will have final say on all blaster bans.
We are allowing hot glue tips and felt tips for this war. These rules may be more annoying to understand, but we want more people that come to use stefans because stock dart wars are retarded.
These dart rules are revolving around safety, not range. Our idea is to standardize the “pain” level and let people use anything they want within these perimeters. Someone will eventually find a loophole or a way around these written rules. Please note: it’s not fucking cute to do this - we’ll still just ask you to leave and never come back.
Stock darts, missiles, discs or anything else like that are allowed, obviously.
Felt pad darts:
- Weights are limited to ¼” slingshot weights or lighter. This means ¼” slingshot weights are allowed under a felt pad.
- Felt pads must be approximately the same width as McMaster felt pads. This is only super important is you’re using heavy, hard weights. We don’t want a thin pad over a metal slingshot weight; that would hurt.
- If you kiss the felt to a flame to prevent fraying, please limit the amount you burn off in order to keep it soft.
Hot Glue Domes:
- Weights are limited to two (2) copper BB’s or lighter. I can’t accurately weigh these, so just don’t be a bitch and use super heavy weights with hot glue domes.
- ¼” slingshot weights with hot glue tips are BANNED.
- Hot glue must fully cover the weight - you cannot have exposed metal.
- You may not use washers in conjunction with hot glue. This causes exposed metal.
Tl;dr - Don’t be a douche bag, yo.
- Meat Grinder
- Defend the Core (DtC)
- Ohio Wingman
- Bring a bagged lunch or money to get lunch during a designated break. We usually break around noon for an hour to eat at a nearby Wendy's (Columbus tradition)
- Be sure to bring enough darts to support yourself and your guests for the whole day
- Remember to bring water
- Are you new to NIC or Columbus Nerf? Check out our definitions of certain game types and other stuff that will help you when you arrive: http://pastebin.com/F8xELVyT - This is posted on an external site in order to reduce clutter. This thread is already supah long.
- Kid Flash
- BrokenSVT + 1-2
- Prince Valor + 1-2
- Ezio Nerf + 1
- Archangel24 + 1
- LinkMT +1
Edited by Coop, 12 June 2013 - 06:54 PM.