• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

When:
July 20th
10:00 A.M.

Where:
Carter Parks, Bowling Green, OH

I'll get to work on a map and have that up soonish.

Rules:
- No participants under the age of 13.
- Eye protection is mandatory for participants under the age of 18.
- Air blasters that originally fire a projectile larger than a mega dart must have their over pressure valves unmodified.
- Do not use any blasters painted all black. If you have a dark blaster, please avoid wearing camouflage clothing or too much tacti-cool gear.
- Blasters will only be banned due to safety/power issues, not because it dominates.
- Host will have final say on all blaster bans.
- The Hosts will not watch over any younger participants for their parents , nor will we be responsible for anything that they do.

Dart Rules:

Most forms of darts are acceptable, including domes, slugs, amiors, and stock darts. Just nothing too heavy, or dangerous.

Felt pad darts:
- Weights are limited to ¼” slingshot weights or lighter. This means ¼” slingshot weights are allowed under a felt pad.
- Felt pads must be approximately the same width as McMaster felt pads. This is only super important is you’re using heavy, hard weights. We don’t want a thin pad over a metal slingshot weight.
- If you kiss the felt to a flame to prevent fraying, please limit the amount you burn off in order to keep it soft.

Hot Glue Domes:
- Weights are limited to two (2) copper BB’s or lighter. I can’t accurately weigh these, so just don’t be a bitch and use super heavy weights with hot glue domes.
- ¼” slingshot weights with hot glue tips are BANNED.
- Hot glue must fully cover the weight - you cannot have exposed metal.
- You may not use washers in conjunction with hot glue. This causes exposed metal.

Game Types:
- 3:15
- Defend the Core (DtC)
- Freeze Tag
- Multi-team 3:15
- Carpe
- Ghost

Attendence:
- ck32 + 2-3?
- Ginger519
- LinkMT +1-2?
- Duke Wintermaul +1

Maybes:
- Ezio Nerf
- TheWiredDJ
- Phoenix66
- TomorrowsDarkness
- Sodizzle3113
- Arvex

Edited by ck32, 10 July 2013 - 04:21 PM.

I'm that really tall guy from APOC.

#2 Ezio Nerf

Ezio Nerf

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Maybe.

#3 TheWiredDJ

TheWiredDJ

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I may make it up there depending on my work schedule.

Used to commission Nerf guns I guess.

Gallery/Blog.
Facebook page.

#4 LinkMT

LinkMT

• Banned
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

I really hope I can make it down there, I'll need to get a ride and talk to my parents. (Yes, I'm thirteen...) Put me down as a maybe.

EDIT: Alright, I can make it. Also, possibly with a +1 or 2

Edited by LinkMT, 22 June 2013 - 09:12 PM.

JACK OFF TOEFUCK REVEREND ASS CHUNK

#5 Arvex

Arvex

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

It's a maybe for me. Depends on if I have gas money around then.

If I can make it, I will also bring backup/loaner blasters, mostly stock N-strike stuff.

#6 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Map of Carter Park

Count me in +1

#7 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the link, and we will be playing in the tree area to the left of the basball diamonds on the map. Hopefully we can get one of pavilions that are there.

#8 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Maybe.

EDIT: That's a 4.5 hour drive, never mind

Edited by Pointman9, 10 July 2013 - 09:50 PM.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#9 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Maybe.

EDIT: That's a 4.5 hour drive, never mind

From Cincinnati?? It only takes us about 3 hours from here to get to Cinci.

#10 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

From Cincinnati?? It only takes us about 3 hours from here to get to Cinci.

From Huntington, West Virginia
There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#11 sodizzle3113

sodizzle3113

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Will there be darts someone is willing to lend? A friend and I are hoping to come but we don't have any darts because I haven't received the foam I've been waiting for yet. We both use springers with cpvc barrels. I apologize for the late notice

#12 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Will there be darts someone is willing to lend? A friend and I are hoping to come but we don't have any darts because I haven't received the foam I've been waiting for yet. We both use springers with cpvc barrels. I apologize for the late notice

I might have alot of snickers.

#13 sodizzle3113

sodizzle3113

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

I might have alot of snickers.

That would be awesome! Thank you

#14 Arvex

Arvex

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Here is a list of the loaner blasters I can bring:

Longstrike (stock)
3 Mavericks* (removed AR's and further drop barrels)
Recon (stock)*
Reflex (removed AR)*
NiteFinder (removed AR)*
Firestrike Elite (removed AR)
Retaliator (stock)
Stockade (stock)
Stryfe (stock)
Rayven (non-elite stock)

I will also be willing to sell most of the blasters listed above as I am not having much luck finding a new job yet and need gas money. I have a second Vulcan I might be able to bring if I can get the battery door in time. The ones that don't have their AR's removed are ones that I have been hesitant to because I didn't have time to when I bought them, but I will look into it if requested. I haven't done any voltage mods on the electric ones, but if you have your own batteries I'll let you voltage mod them for the war (just don't go overboard and fry any of my blasters.)

The ones listed below I can loan out, but I will ask for a safety deposit on these:

Recon (OMW Stage 1 kit, needs a little work before it will accept clips, so send me a message if you want to use this one)
Alpha Trooper (OMW Massacre kit and 2x spring)
Vulcan (Currently running on 12V, OMW 2x spring and a removed AR)
Longshot* (AR removed, this one is a little worn out so I need to do some work on it first, going to put an OMW Immortal kit in this one once I have a job again)
Stampede (stock, going to look at working on this one later)

I'm bringing both the Alpha Trooper and my upgraded Vulcan and I'll be loaning out whichever I am not using. I have a second Longshot* for sale, this one needs a lot more work and would probably be better for someone who wants to put in an OMW Immortal kit and paint it (some of the orange plastic is faded.) Any blasters you buy from me will include a full set of darts and a 6-dart clip when applicable.

*Thrift store/flea market rescues. A few of them are in poor shape, but I'm working on getting the most out of them.

Edited by Arvex, 18 July 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#15 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

How much would you want for the stryfe?

#16 Arvex

Arvex

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

How much would you want for the stryfe?

I'm wasn't planning on selling that one, I was planning to experiment with voltage modding it later on. Most of the Elite blasters I bought are ones I intend to keep,* but I can loan them out until I am ready to consider making them a primary. If you have an unmodified Elite Alpha Trooper to trade, I would consider it (and I'll throw in my Retaliator's stock, grip and an 18 dart clip from my Stampede.)

I goofed, I did one mod to the Stryfe, I removed that dart tooth that keeps malfunctioning and jamming it.

*which is why I was willing to pay retail for them

#17 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Added to the 2016 Nerf War Schedule. Please post in the thread next time. Thanks!

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#18 LinkMT

LinkMT

• Banned
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

I believe I may have a few loaners, I'll be using a few different blasters through out the day so whichever one I'm not using someone can use.

Heres a list:
Lanard Clear X Ball Blaster (I'll probably be using this a lot.)
Lanard Sonic Bazooka (Only has a breech, but accurate as HELL)
Couplered BBB (Hopefully)

Plus I may be able to lend a few darts, it depends if my plus 1 is coming or not. Really looking forward to it!!
JACK OFF TOEFUCK REVEREND ASS CHUNK

#19 Arvex

Arvex

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Updating my status regarding the event. I am definitely able to make it.

Also updating a few of the blasters I listed earlier:
-Firestrike's AR has been removed and I tried to improve the air seal between the parts.
-The good Longshot has had its AR removed. This one is a loaner only and I'm asking a deposit for this one.
-The not as good Longshot seems to be in better shape than I initially thought, I got it to match the range of my other Longshot (before the AR removal mentioned above) a few shots. If anyone wants to buy this one, I'll ask about $18 and I'll remove the AR for you if requested.
-I fixed up a second Nite Finder, it seems to be performing almost as well as my good Nite Finder. (Both have had their AR's removed)
-My second Vulcan has its battery door again, it is ready to sell/loan out. If you want to use it, send me a message before midnight and I'll make sure I bring a battery pack for it. If I bring batteries, it will be running 12V (8 AA batteries)
-I misremembered the name of one of my blasters. The Stockade is actually a Barricade.

#20 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Looks like clear weather for the rest of the day. See you all at 10.

#21 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Great war everybody. Although small, 8 nerfers, everyone was there to have a good time.
Some dtc, grab da balls, 3:15, red rover, and more made for a fast paced fun packed day.

Picked up a stampede, and even got my hands on another sonic zooka. Hope to see all you guys on the battlefield soon.

#22 sodizzle3113

sodizzle3113

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

I'd have to agree! It was very fast paced. But it was really fun. Being my first war in about three years, I had some blaster trouble... and by that I mean every primary but one. But no worries! I know how to fix them.

Also thank you very much to Duke Wintermaul ans ck32 for lending me and my friend darts so we could play!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users