Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

When:

Saturday, July 20th, 2012 - 1:00 pm - 7:00pm

Where:

County Highway 1 (W Fox Rd.)
Yorkville, IL
GPS coordinates:
41.624088,-88.493586

View this map with a detailed legend in a larger window.

Posted Image

Darts:
-Most of the ammo will be provided by us. These will most likely be predominantly molded silicone dome darts. More information on these can be found here and here. These either require special hoppers, or cornstarch to feed. We'll have a giant bag of corn starch so you don't have to worry about bringing it.
-You're welcome to bring your own darts as long as they are either the aforementioned dome darts, AMIORS, or some sort of soft ammo not containing metal or other hard substances(hot glue too). If they are pink foam make sure they're distinguishable from ours. Obviously the more darts the better so bring darts if you can.
-Stock darts (unmodified) is obviously allowed. Kane has a large stash of dart tag darts you'll be able to use.
-Mini marshmallows are allowed as long as it's a fresh unopened package. We plan on having many HAMPs for these. If you want to use marshmallows, bring some 1/2" thinwall to use as a clip.
-If you have something unique please check will us before the war to see if they're cool.

What to bring:
-Nerf/non-nerf blasters are allowed, but homemades are generally what most people use. If you don't have anything, we'll have extras to loan out.
-Eye Protection, if you're not wearing any, you don't play. We'll also probably have loaner glasses but don't count on it.
-Snacks. We won't be doing the typical schedule by having a lunch break in the middle of the war. You'll probably get hungry as you play, so bring something to munch on. Make sure you show up having already ate.

What not to bring:
-Slug darts, Glue domes, or any non-approved ammo.
-Air guns with an air tank larger than a Big Blast unless using them with multiple barrels. All blasters must have working over-pressure release valves. Bike pumps do not count. Homemade air guns will probably be determined on a case-by-case basis, but honestly I've never seen one that is worth using or legal.
-Springers should have less than 7" of draw assuming 1 1/4" PVC is your plunger tube. This really depends on the efficiency of your blaster so there will be some discretion by myself or Kane to determine what is or isn't safe. If it's any more powerful than a +bow you can guarantee it'll be banned.
-Blasters that are painted black or realistic looking gun-stuff. It's Nerf, not milsim.
-Kids who are 13 years old must have their parent(s) present the entire time they are participating.

General Gameplay Rules
-A hit is defined as some legal projectile, fired from a player that is "alive" and wearing eye protection, strikes a player or a player's blaster.
-Melee weapons can be used to block darts, but not large ammo. Anything larger than a dart tag dart is large ammo.
-Shields are allowed on a case-by-case basis, and only with the specific weapon that I approve it to be used with. Most melee/shield combos will be approved, few blaster/shield combos will be approved. Like swords, shields cannot block large ammo.
-Darts must be fired from a blaster of some sort (I'm pretty flexible on the definition of "blaster" here--blowguns are fine) to be considered legal projectiles, but large ammo can be thrown.
-When hit, players must acknowledge the hit (a wave or verbal acknowledgement works here), and promptly return to the respawn point. Players may pick up ammo if it's on the way back, but are expected to make a reasonable effort not to obstruct players on either team.

Miscellaneous Information:
-No Deathmatch (you won't have to sit out)
-Barrel tapping is not allowed.
-Do not pick up or move mobstacles during a round, unless otherwise noted. These will be staked in this year.
-There are no bathrooms at the site.
-There is no where to poop so don't ask the neighbors if you can poop there.

Gametypes
-Carpe Testiculum
-Meatgrinder
-Defend the Core
-VIP
-Others...

There will be variations of the games we're playing but this is a good thread to read if you're new.

=================================================================

BEFORE YOU LEAVE - Clean up all your shit and help pick up darts. Tearing down and setting up mobstacles is always appreciated.

Attendance List:
RyanMcNumbers (host)
KanetheMediocre +1 (host)
cheerios (host)
Demon Lord + some
Joe Espinoza
SomethingNerfey +1
Gemeneye + guests
evilalec555 +3
Zorn

Maybes:
Funky Mutha Facko

Edited by Ryan201821, 18 July 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#2 snickers

snickers

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Count me in with a +1 maybe.

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

I am a maybe.

#4 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm going to do my damndest to make it to this war. What would you find acceptable for dart heads on 3/4" or 1" foam?
HARDCORE NERF!

#5 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Maybe +1, would like to make it to this

#6 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

I'm going to do my damndest to make it to this war. What would you find acceptable for dart heads on 3/4" or 1" foam?

It's up to you. As long as their isn't any hot glue, metal, or any other hard stuff involved it should be fine.

#7 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'm not coming.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#8 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

I'm not coming.

Will you come if I jerk you here

Yes.

Edited by Ice Nine, 19 May 2013 - 11:01 PM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#9 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

I'm there. With guests.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#10 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

I'll be a maybe, pending MN road trip.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#11 Joe Espinoza

Joe Espinoza

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Definitely count me in. Il definitely bring my homemade unlike in Bloomington. Your also a hell of a shorter drive too
The Road Underfoot Is Certian To Become The Road Behind.

#12 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Wow, way to drop this on right on ComiCon week. Have fun at you DorkFest, dorks.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#13 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Wow, way to drop this on right on ComiCon week. Have fun at you DorkFest, dorks.

C'mon man, we have lives...we play with nerf guns.

#14 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hey Pot, its the Kettle on the phone. Its saying you're black.

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#15 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Basically the same stuff that we find acceptable on dart heads on 1/2" foam.

I'm not coming.

That's what she said.

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 25 May 2013 - 02:30 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#16 SomethingNerfey

SomethingNerfey

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'll be there, with a guest.

EDIT: I am also bringing another guest, plus my father might play a few rounds. So that's SomethingNerfey+3.

Edited by SomethingNerfey, 18 July 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#17 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

Mark me as a maybe.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#18 Gemeneye

Gemeneye

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm in, with possible guests.

#19 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Bummer - I won't be able to make it this year. I have a wedding to attend. Of course, since I won't be there, it means DemonLord might actually show up as stated... ;)

Fling some serious foam gentlemen!
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#20 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

Bummer - I won't be able to make it this year. I have a wedding to attend. Of course, since I won't be there, it means DemonLord might actually show up as stated... ;)

Fling some serious foam gentlemen!

I was there last year thank you very much. Its just at your wars that I have issues with.

#21 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

All of this will be for sale at the war. You can reserve stuff now by prepaying and picking it up at the war. I also have a stock splitfire for sale as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by cheerios, 01 July 2013 - 12:04 PM.

22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#22 evilalec555

evilalec555

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Count me in +3maybe

At the war I will have a stock at3k a stock supermaxx 3000 and a AR removed tech target for sale or I can accept trades for them

I am also bringing a new in box rayven for 15.00 or trade
Sorry for all of the posts

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Merged from a triple post

#23 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sorry for all of the posts

They make an "edit" button for a reason. Triple posts aren't cool, don't do it.

#24 SomethingNerfey

SomethingNerfey

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

If anyone going to the war has access to these exact kind of plastic clothespins shown in the picture (in any color), I would purchase 5 off of you there, just name your price.

Posted Image
(_Nerfomania_'s picture).

Also, I'm looking to buy some clear 1/2" PVC at the war. I would like two 1-foot segments, just name your price.

Edited by SomethingNerfey, 16 July 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#25 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Alright guys, only a few days left until the war. Don't forget the war is at 1:00 PM. Make sure you also plan on bringing snacks, because we won't be taking a break for food.

The weather actually looks nice, but make sure to bring sunscreen and bug spray. There is hardly any shade on the site. If you have one of those pop-up tents, bring that shit if you can.

People on the fence, you should state now if you're coming or not. We have only about 1200-1500 dome darts for everyone to use so we will plan on using mini marshmallows heavily. We should have a good amount of blasters to fire these, but if you want your stuff to fire them, all your need is a 1/2" thinwall clip. Stuff with high volume (HAMPs), will work well with marshmallows.

Also very important...We'll be doing DTC round similar to how SonReece runs his in Minnesota. Make sure you bring stock firing and big ammo stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users