The perfect slaughter machine

2 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

What were going to need,

Razor blade, drill, 3/8 & 3/32 & 13/64 bits, size 0 Philips screw driver, an upgrade spring.

What we do,

Take our stock alpha trooper

Posted Image

and unscrew it. Remove the slide pump first, and it reveals four hidden screws.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Go ahead and take out the spring. We wont be needing it. now also remove the plunger tube and catch plate. Hang onto them, they will be used again.

Posted Image

Here's a quick shot of the internal workings.

Posted Image

Were going to remove the Black & White circled locks. The black is actually the magazine lock and jam door lock all in one. The white is designed to catch on the boltsled for whatever reason. Take them out.

Posted Image

Okay, now we remove the boltsled. The metal prime bar is a bit tricky to remove. We would unscrew the barrel and remove that whole front section, but with some puzzle like maneuvering we can get the sled out no problem. So, lets drill out that AR.

Posted Image

Posted Image

To do this, i use a three step drilling process. I take my smallest bit, and drill a lead hole. Then i swap to the middle bit, widen and deepen that hole. Finally, i drill the whole assembly out with a bit just smaller than the inside circumference of the chamber. The sizes i used were 3/8, 3/32, and 13/64.

Posted Image

So, that was easy. Now put all the internals back in. Like so.

Posted Image

Go ahead and screw it back together. Leave the orange endcap and prime slide off, now its time to add the spring. I'm putting an OMW 5kg Retaliator/Rampage (and now EAT!) spring in. You can buy them here. Slightly spread the back plate apart, and fit the first coil inside.

Posted Image

Just press on the spring, and when it gets to the last coil simply screw it in following the coils.

Posted Image

Screw the endcap back on.

If you've slamfired the EAT stock you've noticed the odd trapezoid pattern on the pump.

Posted Image

Don't they hurt your fingers after a bit? Me too, lets grind those off. I happen to have a grinders wheel downstairs, so i used that. You can use a dremel with appropriate bit, or some sandpaper and elbow grease.

Posted Image

It looks a tad sloppy, but it feels so nice. Screw the pump grip back on.

Were done right? Not quite. I messed up and left this peg on my boltsled.

Posted Image

Just cut it off with a razor blade.

Posted Image

Hopefully you read this before you do all the steps, and you can remove this peg when you take out the boltsled. But this is the order i did it in, and it really doesn't matter.

There you have it! A brand new slaughter machine! This thing has some power behind it, i am impressed.

Posted Image

A big shoutout to TurokMakto for his chronograph data. This EAT is propelling darts 27fps faster than stock, on average.

This guide covers the basics, everything you need to know to make your EAT perform like a champ. I have a few other misc. mods planned, namely a laser, but i wanted to get this up here for all to see.

Happy nerfing!

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 06 May 2013 - 02:53 AM.

#2 Francine

Francine

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

Awesome Mod! I'll definitely do this once i get an EAT. By they way, do you know how far it shoots now? Thanks! :lol:

#3 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

I like it. The trapezoid thing doesnt bother me for whatever reason. Why didnt I think of making a writeup for this thing? Btw, targets still have the price cut (for me) at 6$ each. Have a total of 5 now. :D
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users