Photo

Soda Bottle Hoppers/ RSCBs

A new frontier on hopper technology... I hope.

10 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseRat

CheeseRat

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

While I was sitting around at my mom's work wondering what to make while I was there, I thought of soda bottle hoppers/ RSCBs. I made one with little effort, and it looks like this on my trusty Panther: https://www.facebook...&type=1 Since I don't have many materials, a PayPal or Ebay account, or the ability to drive, I don't have many stefans to fill the soda bottle with and tell you how many stefans a soda bottle can hold, but I hope somebody else can. <_< As you might be able to see in the picture, my soda bottle has dents in it after only about an hour of using. Soda bottles are not very durable, but they are very cheap to obtain. To make this hopper, you need: 3/4 inch CPVC, a soda bottle(of course), and a Dremel w/ drum bit and/or scissors. First, take your scissors and/or dremel and take just enough plastic out from the inside of the bottle to make a snug fit with the 3/4 inch CPVC. https://www.facebook...&type=1 Then take your 3/4 inch CPVC and bevel the outside of it slightly so it fits better: https://www.facebook...&type=1 Then, build your hopper/RSCB normally using your soda bottle w/ a 3/4 inch CPVC pipe in it. Your done! I know it isn't much, but I hope other nerfers besides myself use this concept. It loads very nicely with the few 1 inch stefans that I have. It has a lot of dead space, especially for the last few shots, but it is cheap, easy to make and very useful!

PS: I don't know how to post images straight from my computer, and posting from FB doesn't work.

Edited by CheeseRat, 13 April 2013 - 10:13 PM.

I like cheese.

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I moved this to Darts and Barrels. Dart feed systems go here as well.

For your pictures, use a hosting service like Imgur or Photobucket, and then insert them into your post using img tags.

Edited by Carbon, 13 April 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Here is a guide to posting pictures. Facebook is not a very good photo-hosting site. I suggest using Photobucket. It is much better, and a benefit of it over sites like Imgur is that when you post your hosted photos, they are not gargantuan.

Edited by DartSlinger, 14 April 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#4 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

If you'll do a bit of looking, you'd find MiG's Baby Bottle Hopper, which is essentially this, although a lot more reloadable because the back end of the baby bottle can be removed.

#5 CheeseRat

CheeseRat

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

If you'll do a bit of looking, you'd find MiG's Baby Bottle Hopper, which is essentially this, although a lot more reloadable because the back end of the baby bottle can be removed.

Yes, I saw that, but when you can hold more than 50 1 inch darts, I think that factor is negligible. But, if you need fast reload times, you can just just cut a hole in it and put a dart door in it.
I like cheese.

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yes, I saw that, but when you can hold more than 50 1 inch darts, I think that factor is negligible. But, if you need fast reload times, you can just just cut a hole in it and put a dart door in it.

Biatch, I made one a year ago that holds 150 regular darts

Posted Image

#7 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

(And because people were dense last time, I posted that as a joke).

As DartSlinger noted, you should take a look at the picture posting guide. It is possible to use Facebook as a picture host, but you need to set the picture to "public" so we can all see it.

#8 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Bitch please, mine was a gallon of darts.

trans as shit because fuck you

#9 CheeseRat

CheeseRat

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Biatch, I made one a year ago that holds 150 regular darts

Posted Image

If we are going to fight about hopper capacity, almost anyone can make a water cooler container hopper. It would need a lot of power to fire the last few shots with all of that dead space and it would be really heavy, but it would be VERY intimidating. Speaking of dead space, is there something that nerfers could put into their hoppers that would minimize dead space even to the last shot? I thought of putting reclosable bags filled with air to put in your hopper when it gets low. It is like how people put bottles of water or rocks in their toilet tank to save water.
I like cheese.

#10 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

If we are going to fight about hopper capacity, almost anyone can make a water cooler container hopper. It would need a lot of power to fire the last few shots with all of that dead space and it would be really heavy, but it would be VERY intimidating. Speaking of dead space, is there something that nerfers could put into their hoppers that would minimize dead space even to the last shot? I thought of putting reclosable bags filled with air to put in your hopper when it gets low. It is like how people put bottles of water or rocks in their toilet tank to save water.

More darts. If you really think the difference between your first and last shot is that much then you need to check your blasters.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#11 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

Learn how to host pictures before you make another thread.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users