#26 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:17 AM

Damn.

Thanks Talio, for the preview.

Thanks Hasbro, for keeping it fresh! Even if it DOES look like NF and BF re-skins.

DAMN. What nice pictures.

-Piney-

...DAMN!
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#27 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:20 AM

Does the scout get primed by cycling the slide? I wonder if the slide stays back or if it comes back forwards like the buzz bee tek series. I think that if you can get around the clumsy pumping on the big titan, it just might make for an awesome primary. Too bad they all sell together though...

~Vintage

Edit: I just noticed the ridges along the top of the scout. They serve the purpose of attaching it to the titan, but they resemble the rails needed to mount a reddot scope on an airgun. Maybe, just maybe a reddot scope will fit.

Edited by Vintage, 22 June 2004 - 12:37 AM.

You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#28 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:39 AM

thats fucking awsome!, man, when are those coming out again?
~SS

#29 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:11 AM

Wow, it really looks like the designers of this line listened to the community. Easily detachable, not to mention incredibly aesthetically pleasing pistol (I'm really liking the slide locking and the fake porting designs)... Big-ass, high-volume "bazooka" (We all know it's going to end up a high-powered one-shot-wonder when we're done), and a 6-shot semi-automatic that looks like something out of Halo. Now, I'm a bit... Awed, I suppose is the word... By the way it all attaches, especially the two larger blasters (I'm not sure how one would hold the thing, but I'm sure it was worked out), I'm not sure how wieldly it will be, but I'm certainly in love with the options and themes.

The Blastfire clone is suprisingly true to form, what with the sight and all, but they spaced the barrels very properly for a speedloader design using our common materials, and I know it will be very popular with the Vancouver boys, given lack of autos and semi-autos.

Remember when kids were saying "Nerf is dying!"? ...^_^
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#30 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:31 AM

I love how the numbers correspond to how many darts they can hold.. The Scout holds 3, hence IX-3, the 1 for the bazooka, and the 6 for the hornet. Very creative.. Anyways, I love these things- I can't wait for the new line to come out! I love that hornet- it looks great, and probably functions like a blastfire... I only hope this one can get more range! That would be.... ^_^ It'd make me cry in happiness :P .

~ompa

#31 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:01 AM

The scout looks cool! The bazooka will probably need to be modded to shoot darts, but then again, if that's the case, it may end up like the SM5000, because it had a large tank to shoot arrows, not darts. Hornet... Hmm... I like the stock.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#32 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:03 AM

This was first noticed on NHQ, but I agree:

Those look like they were designed with at least a little influence from halo.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#33 Peacemaker

Peacemaker

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:12 AM

Me likey. Thanks for sharing, Talio. I love it that Hasbro is designing their new Nerf guns with bigger hands in mind (teen/adult) (i.e. the Nite Finder and the Tech Target), instead of giving their guns teeny-tiny little handles that older players can't grip comfortably.

Too bad they couldn't market these guns separately like 'Voltron' toys, i.e. each robot lion is sold separately, but if you collect all 5, you can then assemble them into one mega-robot. They could sell these 3 guns individually (the Scout for around $5, the Titan and Hornet for around $10-$15 each), and encourage people to buy all 3, because if you collect all 3, you can then "asseble them into one huge mega-gun that will allow you to rule the Nerf battle fields". They'd probably encourage more sales that way, as not everybody will want to drop $30-40 at once for the full set, but most would be more than willing to pay $5-15 for each separate gun. Over time players would eventually buy all 3 for the full set, but they could pace themselves buy only spending $5-10 at a time. Likewise, those that are only interested in one gun (example: just the hornet) would more than likely not spend $30-40 for the whole set just to get the Hornet, but would be more than will to spend $10 for the Hornet alone. Hasbro would thereby increase the number of sales in the long run.

#34 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:32 AM

As for all this talk of halo influence, I think the nite finder looked already a good deal like the pistol. I also think the powerclip looks and behaves a lot more like the plasma rifle than this new hornet.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#35 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:07 PM

Those look like they were designed with at least a little influence from halo.

Yes, they were. The Scout is the Pistol. The Hornet is the Plasma Rifle. The Titan is the Rocket Launcher.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#36 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:28 PM

Never really thought of it like that, but - you've got a point. The RL is called the 'Spanker,' by the way.

I like the Scout and the Hornet. Wondering what to do with mods...mmm...thanks a bunch, Talio.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#37 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:33 PM

Holy SHIT!!! That is awsome. When are they coming out?

Is that a walkie talkie on the Hornet???

Edited by nerfspecialforces, 22 June 2004 - 12:35 PM.

QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#38 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:36 PM

HMM, My B-Day is coming in fall, which I believe is when these guns are coming out.

MAYBE, instead of having a family party, I'll have a large huge party, inviting everyone I know, and tell them to buy me a NERF Gun- hopefully this will be the only one out. :P NEWay, I'll be looking to mod these guns, and to me the scout looks like it could be modded to work like a Lnl somehow- both guns cock in the top B4 modding. Thanks Talio :D

Then again, my parents probably won't let me have such a big party ^_^
Overprotective parents - dunno why they even let me NERF

NSF- I hope that isn't a walkie talkie. It's also highly unlikely. NE1 remember the COMMLINK 2? C'Mon. If you are playing 1 on 1... "Roger that! I'm coming to shoot you from behind. Over." LOL

Edited by Airsoft999, 22 June 2004 - 12:39 PM.

#39 Spaztic 75

Spaztic 75

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:41 PM

Although they all apear to have promice and with work they could turn into fair guns I feel it's only fair that I offer the sceptical point of view sheerly because it needs to be pointed out. The pistol apears to be simmilar to the lnl in that the cock appears to be covered by a shield to give it a more gun like feel. Also judging by the lack of substantial length I can assume that the cock is relativaly small. the missle launcher slightly resembles the early bow and arrow but I will retain further judgment till I use it. As for the last it appears to be decent but leaving those flimsey barrels expose makes it easy to break. The combo is just stupid its too bulky and has no flow to it. perhaps the pistol attachment for reload time but odds are if your running with that thing its going to hit your knee. and reloading all three would be a nightmare. But as IO said earlyier they still apear to have individual promice.
In the big picture I'm still next to nothing, he never talks to me.

#40 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:34 PM

This is interesting. First off, thank you Talio. What you have done is amazing, showing Hasbro the modification side of Nerfing. Getting into the real Nerf HQ, information, pictures, top-secret names and such... I'm honestly quite inspired. And jealous. Very inspired.

I would first like to note that these series is one of the nicest looking I have seen. Ever. Hasbro has managed to colour co-ordinate a product line that doesn't look like a 5 year old's toy. No more neon greens, vibrant blues, tacky oranges... now it's sleek burgandy and metallic silver, and a mysterious grey. A wee bit more... realistic. Hasbro has almost perfected thier blasters design wise.

Scout: I am looking foward to this. I just picked up a Nite Finder for the first time 3 days ago, and I love it. I love the comination of the slide with the feel/look of a Nite Finder. And, since most of us dont use the "lazer" on the NF, the Scout offers a place for ammo. Look like it will be a valuable sidearm and very easily holsterable.

Titan: I have one word for this. Curious. I am curious as to the workings of this gun. I hope that the pumping system (pump both guns at once) doesn't interfer with our modifications and much needed downsizing of this blaster. I looks very much the feel of the old Bow n Arrow but with a new pumping system. I just hope it is not as akward to pump as the Blast Bazooka, which seems to have very similar placement. The missiles on the Titan look almost too big to use. How could you carry other ammunition? That isn't fitting in my pocket.

Hornet: As previously stated, the Hornet is basically a Blastfire. The barrels sticking out don't pose too much of a problem in my view... just not very important. I think I will prefer the "Blast" button on the side of the gun, probably a bit more accessable, and probably put there in mind of the "Unity Power System". Damn, I can't say "Unity Power System" without chuckling... heh. First thing I noticed with the hornet is that I don't think I will know where to put my hands. On the Blastfire, I keep my right hand on the handle, my left on the pump. I think the back handle will get in the way of my right, trigger hand. I can't see myself holding the Hornet.... I just dont...

Unity Power System... hehe: This is damn confusing. I don't understand how you hold it, I don't understand how you shoot it, I don't understand how you pump it. I'm going to feel especially akward with this thing. Frankly, I don't know what to say. I hope none of us Nerfers ever use this... monstrosity on the battlefield unless you have truly turned it into some sort of monster, dreadful and beautiful at the same time.

I really look foward to this line, especially the Scout. Again, thank you Talio, you are one of the most valuable members of the NIC, if not the most.

PS. I would like to be kept up to date on re-releases, especially of the Powerclip. If anyone has information on locations, dates, ect, please contact me. It would be much appreciated.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#41 3DBBQ

3DBBQ

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:00 PM

PERFECT PICTURES!
This time has BF to strengthen version,
actually does not have POWERCLIP
I anticipate has POWERCLIP

#42 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

Does the scout get primed by cycling the slide?  I wonder if the slide stays back or if it comes back forwards like the buzz bee tek series.  I think that if you can get around the clumsy pumping on the big titan, it just might make for an awesome primary.  Too bad they all sell together though...

~Vintage

Edit:  I just noticed the ridges along the top of the scout.  They serve the purpose of attaching it to the titan, but they resemble the rails needed to mount a reddot scope on an airgun.  Maybe, just maybe a reddot scope will fit.

Vintage, read next time asshole

Anyway, these things are set to release this fall according to the email I recieved. I asked for something more specific, but I don't expect a reply.

What I like about this gun is that it's a arsenal in a box. I know I have alot of newbs that need guns, and now I know there will be a chance for them.

Talio.

Edited by Talio, 22 June 2004 - 02:19 PM.

New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#43 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:10 PM

3DBBQ the powerclip is being released separately I believe. Talio, for those newbs needing guns, garage sales are a great place too... I mean, every garage sale I've seen that has nerf guns has at least 3 or 4. Maybe it's just me, but if I were to start off in nerf, I'd go for garage sales during the summer and get great cheap guns.

~ompa

#44 Guest_ALIENfromMars_*

Guest_ALIENfromMars_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:18 PM

^_^ boom . . .

#45 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:09 PM

Unless I'm stupid and missed reading it, I got a couple more questions that some other poeple might have too.

When are they coming out, and how much?

Also, what do they plan on remaking in the future besides this rumor of a Powerclip being rereleased?
One more, except more of a suggestion. I find that they should aim for more styles of guns. A high powered single shot rifle with a scope not ment for losing but can be used like one. Like to shut up all the kids that want to eat shit. And a shotgun! They had to at least use some common sense into making the Nerf Arena Blast game's Scatter Shot. I find that gun really interesting and would love trying to shoot that thing. Ecspecially the loading system with a wierd magazine.
While on the subject of NAB, do they plan on making a NAB2 with the engine of UT2K4? Or at least a NAB2 or a new Nerf game? Besides the shoot your screen game.

Edit: Oh and by the way, thanks a whole bunch Talio!

Edited by DJ Hurley, 22 June 2004 - 03:10 PM.

NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#46 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:29 PM

One more, except more of a suggestion. I find that they should aim for more styles of guns. A high powered single shot rifle with a scope not ment for losing but can be used like one. Like to shut up all the kids that want to eat shit.

Can you say, Expand A Crap?
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#47 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:41 PM

Also, what do they plan on remaking in the future besides this rumor of a Powerclip being rereleased?

I'm fairly sure it isn't a rumor. I think Talio confirmed it a few months ago, but I'm not completely sure.
I'd like if they rereleased the entire SM line (minus the shitty 250/350) (the old versions). But, it seems like they're only rerelasing rapid fire guns. Well, we can dream, right? Or atleast I can. Since I'm the only one without a 1500 and 5000.
P.S.: I'll ask my stupid question again... what's a stock? ^_^
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#48 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:50 PM

I like the Titan for some reason. It may replace the SM5K as a loser for me if it pumps rather easier than it sounds. Maybe Not. However, it looks to be able to shoot micro stefans easily, because many guns that shoot the arrows can easily be modded to shoot micros- XBow, T-3, SM5K. It could be a really strong gun, capable of shooting over 100 Feet from a flat angle modded, but it might not be worth the trouble pumping.

#49 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:01 PM

The stock is the but of the gun that goes against your shoulder.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#50 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:09 PM

The stock is the but of the gun that goes against your shoulder.

Oh, okay. Thanks.
Another thing: what's the point of hooking the Scout up to the Unity Power thing? Seems pointless to me...
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users